compensation: $14/hr + $500 Sign-On Bonus After 90 Days + Generous Benefits Package employment type: employee's choice non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Do you like making a difference in the lives of others?
Would you like to individuals develop their skills through meaningful and creative activities?
Do you want a rewarding career working with people with developmental disabilities and autism?
Do you want to be part of a growing and dynamic team?
The Day Habilitation Specialist provides direct care to individuals in our Day Habilitation Program to support daily living skills and social skills. The programming focuses on teaching and empowering individuals with developmental disabilities 1-on-1 or in small groups to develop gross/fine motor skills, communication, social engagement, gross motor development, and the use of adaptive equipment and assistive technology. Day Hab Specialists provide direct care services including assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs), toileting and feeding.
We are seeking:
• A compassionate, personable, creative, energetic and responsible person to work in our day habilitation programs
• A candidate with a strong desire to work with individuals with developmental disabilities and/or autism.
• Minimum of 1 years of experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities preferred.
• BA/AA degree preferred; however minimum of high school degree and related experience in a care giving or educational environment; hospital, school, day program, etc. may be substituted
• Valid Driver's License, good driving record and a willingness to use agency vehicle in the course of employment, preferred.
Hours & Salary:
• Full-Time positions available (M-F 8a-4p, 9a-3p or 9-5p)
• $14 per hour
Our comprehensive and generous benefit package includes:
- Competitive health insurance (employer pays 85% of premium)
- Dental insurance
- Employer paid Life and Long Term Disability
- 403(b) matching retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement and tuition remission programs
- Generous Vacation, Sick, and Personal Time Benefits
- 12 Paid Holidays
- $1,000 Employee Referral Bonus with no annual cap!
Please email resume and cover letter or fax to (617) 244-0069.
CNA, personal care assistant, certified nursing assistant, home health aide, PCA, HHA, Day Habilitation, evening, second shift, behavioral health, developmental disabilities, intellectual disabilities, case worker, care giver, social services, counseling, social work, DSP, DDS, Direct Care, psychology, mental health, disability, rehabilitative, human services, nonprofit, autism, advocacy
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers