compensation: $14.00 per hour employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Who We Are:
The Price Center, founded in 1977, is a non-profit human service organization in Newton Highlands. We are a values based and team focused organization offering residential services, employment supports and day habilitation programs. Our mission is to empower individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities to thrive in their living, social and work communities. For more information on The Price Center, please go to our website at: http://www.thepricecenter.org
The position provides direct care to individuals in the Day Habilitation Program to support daily living skills and social skills. The programming focuses on communication, social engagement, gross motor development, and the use of adaptive equipment and assistive technology. The Price Center has an excellent benefit package, a real team environment and low staff turnover. If you are looking for a rewarding career in human services, we encourage you to apply!
- Provide direct care services to adults with developmental disabilities including assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs), toileting and feeding.
- Work with individuals or with small groups to develop gross/fine motor skills, communication, activities of daily living and social skills.
- Adhere to all treatment plans for the individuals, maintaining records and progress notes.
- Focus on teaching and empowering individuals.
- At least 1 year experience working with adults with developmental disabilities.
- Bachelor's degree preferred, High School diploma required.
- Ability to work successfully as a member of a team.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to lift and support the body weight of any program individual with the assistance of another staff member.
Hours & Salary:
- 40 hours per week.
- $14.00 per hour
Our comprehensive and generous benefit package includes:
- Competitive health insurance (no deductible, employer pays 85% of premium)
- Dental insurance
- Employer paid Life and Long Term Disability
- 403(b) matching retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement and tuition remission programs
- Generous Vacation, Sick, and Personal Time Benefits
- 12 Paid Holidays
- $1,000 Employee Referral Bonus with no annual cap!
We encourage you to email a resume and cover letter or fax to (617) 244-0069!
CNA, PCA, HHA, Day Habilitation, day time, behavioral health, developmental disabilities, intellectual disabilities, case worker, care giver, social services, counseling, social work, DSP, DDS, Direct Care, psychology, mental health, disability, rehabilitative, human services, nonprofit, autism, advocacy
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers