compensation: $13.40 per hour employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Walnut Street Center is looking for a qualified Community Support Worker to work directly with adults with developmental disabilities in our Day Habilitation at 291 Mystic Ave, in Medford.
• Assisting individuals with Activities of Daily Living, personal care, and nutritional needs
• Providing individuals with supports to ensure access to community activities
• Participating in the development, implementation, evaluation, and documentation of ISP objectives
• Providing therapeutic support and assisting in the development of Behavior Support Plans
• Transporting individuals
• High School Diploma or equivalent required
• Associates or Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred
• Valid driver's license
• Strong verbal and written communication skills required
• Ability to work in a team environment required
• Previous human services or long term care experience strongly preferred
• Previous behavioral experience strongly preferred
• CNA/HHA experience helpful
Starting at $13.40/hour for permanent positions! Once all trainings are completed, there is potential for $15.10/hour.
Walnut Street Center offers a competitive benefits package:
•Harvard Pilgrim HMO; Individual and Family Plans with employer contributions of 70% and 73%, respectively. Employer paid HRA account to cover the first half of the deductible.
•Guardian Dental Insurance with both high and low options available
•Vision insurance coverage offered through VSP
•Tuition Reimbursement and Remission programs
•2 weeks vacation, 12 sick days, holiday time, and personal time within first year of employment
•401K with a 50% employer match
•100% paid long term disability and life insurance benefits
Walnut Street Center believes diversity strengthens the value of workplaces. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
(Keywords: developmental, disability, disabilities, adults, human services, mental illness, mental health, autism, psychology, non profit, CNA, HHA, MAP, direct care, direct support, residential counselor)
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers