The Activities Director is responsible for the planning, development and implementation of an activities and recreation program for facility residents in accordance with current/existing state regulatory agencies and state mandates, Assures that the spiritual development, emotional, recreational and social needs are met and maintained on an individual basis. Experience in art or music therapy, is a plus. Experience with navigating through websites, Excel, Word, and Publishers, is also an important skill set for this position. The Activity Director’s role is to encourage, use patience, kindness, understanding, and emotional support. Susan Bailis is located in Boston, in a wonderful location and is a community with much diversity. The Activity Director works with a team of managers and is included on a rotating manager’s schedule on weekends and holidays.
The Activity Director runs activities and supervises all staff run activities.
The Activities Director reports to the Executive Director of the Community.
The responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Assist in planning, developing, organizing, implementing, evaluating, and directing the Activities Programs of the facility
• Meet with administration, resident care staff and other related departments for planning activities.
• Develop and maintain a good working rapport with other departments with the facility and outside community agencies to assure that the activities programs can be properly maintained to meet the needs of the residents
• Assist in the development of and participation in, regularly scheduled orientation and in-service training programs
• Interview residents/families as necessary to better provide activities to meet needs involve resident’s families in planning activities when possible.
• Assist in arranging transportation and escorts for field trip and to other facilities whenever possible
• Encourage hobbies and crafts and provide materials in keeping with the resident’s financial status and the departmental budget.
• Record and maintain activity progress notes as well as a record of resident activities
• Prepare and post a schedule of activities and keep the Orientation Board up to date.
• Maintain CONFIDENTIALTIY of all pertinent resident care information to assure resident rights are protected
• Organize and maintain a Volunteer Program
• Report any changes in the resident’s condition immediately to the resident care department
• Report all accidents/incidents immediately
• Schedule outside activities and groups for residents
• Provide tours of the facility and an explanation of the admission procedure to prospective resident and family members
• Make daily rounds to ensure the well being of the residents
• Coordinate activities with other departments as necessary
• Develop a facility monthly newsletter
• Review complaints and make necessary oral/written reports to the Executive Director
• Recommend to the Executive Director the equipment and supply needs of the department
• Distribute the resident’s mail
Bachelors degree from accredited university preferred, previous experience in recreational field preferred.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers