favorite this postAuthorizations Clerkhide this posting
compensation: Commensurate with experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
USE YOUR GREAT OFFICE SKILLS TO HELP KIDS!
A large and busy pediatric practice located in Metro West seeks an authorizations clerk. We are looking for someone who can work 30-35 hours per week. We are flexible. Great opportunity for someone looking to gain experience in health care administration.
The Authorization Clerk is responsible for the daily function and maintenance of the Practice's authorizations. The Authorization Clerk will contact and request authorizations from insurance companies, document receipt, and enter information into the Center's practice management system.
Authorizations - Private Pay Client and Insurance Clients
1) Maintains up to date database of Center's private pay and insurance contracts, agreements and clients.
2) Updates practice management software database as needed.
3) Makes charges and invoices clients when appropriate.
4) Check member benefits and follow up with clients regarding expirations.
5) Collects appropriate paperwork from clients.
6) Collect appropriate paperwork from staff as required.
7) Review practitioners' daily schedule for sign-out and billing purposes.
8) Complete account reconciliation when a client discharges.
9) Answer client questions regarding our policies before signing them and throughout the time they are receiving services.
10) Collection of client documentation as necessary.
* Excellent organizational and communication skills
* Detailed oriented with strong computer skills, familiarity with Caretracker is ideal
* Punctual and committed approach to work
* Excellent people skills
* Ability to multi task in a fast paced environment
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers