Vinfen - Greater Boston Evening Direct Care Career Fair Thursday, 3/23
PROMOTING OUR RESIDENTIAL AND DAY PROGRAM POSITIONS IN THE BOSTON AND SURROUNDING METRO AREAS!
On Thursday, March 23th, we will be holding a job fair for ALL of our South Shore, Boston Metro, Greater Metro, and North Shore Direct Care positions! This includes positions in our Developmental Services positions both in dozens of Residential Group Homes as well as our 8 Day Programs. We are a growing organization and are always on the lookout for new staff members to fill new positions in our residential program houses. The job openings we are promoting and interviewing for are for Direct Care Staff, which include but are not limited to, positions in the following towns:
Residential Staff positions in:
• Randolph • Norwood • Walpole • West Roxbury • Rockland • Dedham
• BOSTON • Roslindale • Hyde Park • Mattapan • Dorchester • Jamaica Plain
• Waltham • Brighton • Brookline • Belmont • Watertown • Wilmington
• Salem • Danvers • Beverly • Billerica • Haverhill • AND MANY MORE!
Day Program Staff positions in:
• Rockland • Weymouth • Braintree
• Watertown • Somerville • Allston • Brighton
The Career Fair will be held from 4:00 - 6:00PM on Thursday, March 23rd, at the Adams Street Branch of the Boston Public Library, located at 690 Adams Street, Dorchester, MA 02122. As you enter the building you will see signs directing you to the career fair area.
Stop by for an on-the-spot interview! We will have managers standing by to meet with applicants as they finish their applications. Please bring a copy of your most recently updated resume for the interview!
This is a HUGE advantage to someone looking for a career at Vinfen, because it skips the online application phase, the wait to get contacted, and scheduled for your interview.
Think about it. We have hundreds of applications that come in each week. Jump to the front of that line! Print out your resume, head over to Dorchester, and within minutes you will be speaking with a hiring manager that will ask you about your experience and allow you to ask the questions you have about the opportunities we currently have. It's fine if you prefer to dress up, but it's not required - we want you to feel comfortable and more importantly, we want you to be yourself!
We are seeking compassionate and caring staff to provide services to individuals living with developmental disabilities. We are hiring for full time, part time, and per diem direct care positions, for the following roles:
• Day Program Instructors: Great Full-time, daytime Monday- Friday opportunity. Work with individuals, their families, and other members of their support system to set measurable goals and objectives through an Individual Service Plan (ISP). ISPs are designed to fit the needs and wants of each individual. Your support and instruction will help individuals achieve goals, overcome barriers, and become more independent. We offer certifications at Vinfen to make it easy for you to stay up-to-date on the best practices in health and human services. This position may also be a great stepping stone to a position in social work or nursing. A bachelor's degree in Social Work, Psychology or related field preferred, but experience may substitute for education
• Awake Overnight Counselors:Responsible for overnight program activities in a community living arrangement for adults with developmental disabilities. This includes but is not limited to: ensuring client's needs are met throughout the night and light housekeeping. In addition, the staff will ensure clients are ready for the day's activities in the morning. Provide individual and group support to persons served; teach skills to enhance independence and quality of life. Ensure a safe, secure and clean residential environment.
• Residential Counselors:Residential program staff provide direct support around medication administration and management as well as meal preparation and activities of daily living. The goal for many clients living in group home settings is to be able to live as independently as possible and Residential Counselors assist clients in building the skills needed to do so. Additional responsibilities include writing progress notes, periodic reviews on treatment plans for persons served and implementing interventions outlined in treatment plans
• Certified Nursing Assistants:Under the direction of the nurse leader, CNA's work with clients to help them evaluate their current life circumstances compared to their hopes, dreams and plans for the future. Residential program staff provide direct support around medication administration and management as well as meal preparation and activities of daily living such as bathing, showering, feeding, toileting and grooming for the residents of a group home. Assess individual's medical condition and take vital signs. Report any changes to the nurse leader. Must have good verbal and written skills. Additional duties include writing progress notes and following guidelines outlined in individual treatment plans.
• Licensed Practical Nurses:Our Practical Nurses have active LPN licenses in the state of Massachusetts, have 3-5 years of experience in a related setting working with disabilities; must provide medical care and oversight of a small group of individuals living in a medically-intense group home; duties including assisting CNA staff on duty. Also assists with ADL's, activities, cooking and cleaning responsibilities, as well as outings in the community. Preference will be given to bilingual/bi-cultural applicants.
A High School diploma/GED required, but a bachelor's degree in a Human Services related field preferred. All applicants must be at least 21 years of age and have a current, valid, US driver's license for at least one year. You also must be able to successfully pass a CORI check and a driving record check. All applicants must be able to become CPR, First Aid and Safety Care certified within 90 days of employment and MAP certified within 150 days.
Vinfen is a leading nonprofit human services organization that "transforms lives" by building the capacity of individuals, families, organizations and communities to learn, thrive and achieve their goals. Vinfen supports thousands of adolescents and adults with psychiatric, developmental and behavioral disabilities at more than 200 sites with 2,700 employees in eastern Massachusetts and Connecticut.
Vinfen serves a diverse population in its residential and day programs. Applicants who have a multicultural background and/or are bilingual are encouraged to apply.
Vinfen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We offer a generous benefits package including:
• A fully funded, employer-sponsored retirement plan that requires no employee contribution as well as an employee-funded 403(b) plan
• Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision plans
• Employer-paid Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment and Long-Term Disability Insurance
• Generous Vacation, Holiday, Personal and Sick Time Benefits
• Flexible Spending Reimbursement Accounts (Health and Dependent care)
• Educational Assistance and Remission Programs
• $500 Employee Referral Bonus with no annual cap!
• Other generous benefits and perks!
Keep In Touch!
To learn more about Vinfen, please visit our website at www.vinfen.org. Recruiters, please no calls. EOE
Like us on Facebook and follow us on LinkedIn to keep up to date with our open positions and current events!
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers