compensation: Dependent on Experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
We love and respect the regional food traditions of the Eastern Mediterranean. Sofra is about reinterpreting those traditions to make them accessible and inspiring for our guests. Our Executive Pastry Chef and James Beard Award Nominee, Maura Kilpatrick is known for demystifying unique ingredients and finding an affinity between cultures. Maura and co-founder Ana Sortun, of Oleana, Sarma and Siena Farms, approach cuisine with a middle eastern sensibility by featuring unique spices and spice blends.
In Turkish, Sofra is synonymous with generosity and hospitality. At Sofra, we focus on high quality food production and quick service. We are committed to building long term relationships with our employees and we support individuals' professional and personal growth that they can further their career development within the food industry.
We are seeking a talented culinary professional to take on the role of Pastry Sous Chef. The Sous Chef will be responsible for providing support to the Pastry Chef, Executive Pastry Chef, Chefs and Front of House managers. The ideal candidate should be enthusiastic, positive, organized and comfortable in a fast paced kitchen.
- Support the pastry team in daily production and perform duties of each station in accordance with Sofra's standards and practices
- Lead and bake by example, recognized as a leader, be approachable
- Treat customers and co-workers with courtesy and respect
- Work as a team
- Effective time management and delegation skills
- Continuous training and education of pastry team
- Maintain a clean and organized pastry kitchen including work stations, walk in, reach in and cold case desserts
This a full time, salaried position, working 45-48 hours, weekends, early mornings and some holidays. The candidate must have a minimum of 2 years pastry experience, competitive salary based on experience.
If you are eager to work with high quality ingredients, unique spices and hand selected artisan ingredients and are ready to accept a new challenge, please submit a resume and cover letter.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers