Craveable Hospitality Group, previously the David Burke Group, is a NYC-based restaurant group dedicated to the "Craveable Experience" - transforming each experience into a cherished memory and stimulating a craving to return. At Craveable we celebrate values of integrity, coloring outside the lines, embracing growth, respect, and excellence.
We operate two restaurants at Foxwoods Resort & Casino:
- David Burke Prime Steakhouse, opened 2008
- Caputo Trattoria, opened 2018
We are looking for an energetic, high-level Chef de Cuisine to lead the team at Prime Steakhouse. The Chef de Cuisine will report to the Executive Chef of our two Foxwoods properties.
The ideal candidate exemplifies drive and passion for hospitality, food & beverage, and brings with them enthusiasm and long-term commitment.
The job responsibilities of the Chef de Cuisine include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Communicates effectively and genuinely with guests, team members and other departments
• Maintains a friendly and calm demeanor at all times
• Demonstrates teamwork; is dependable and productive
• Finds guest-eccentric solutions to problems
• Supervises hourly employees in the back of house responsible for preparing dishes for service
• Oversee interviewing, onboarding and training of Culinary employees; refer final interview to Executive Chef
• Oversee proper Culinary Employee Uniforms and hygiene
• Oversee disciplinary measures for Culinary employees, as needed; provide counsel on separations to Executive Chef
• Writes hourly Culinary employee schedule; manages all schedule requests to ensure proper coverage of all key positions on daily basis
• Manages employee overtime, Meal Breaks and Spread of Hours on shift-by-shift basis, with budgeted Labor Cost target as goal
• Presents dishes and/or daily specials to Front of House staff daily at Pre-Shift
• Plans menus to utilize food surpluses and leftovers, taking into account probable number of guests, market conditions, popularity of dishes and execution of menus.
• Ensure safe working environment compliant with OSHA standards for all employees
• Ensure safe handling of food• Constantly maintain overall cleanliness and organization of all kitchen areas and storage
• Ensure daily side duty sheets are being followed, check all work completed daily
• Conduct regular inventory of food product on hand, monitor food consumption, place food orders
• Enforce restaurant systems of ordering, prep and waste management in order to meet budgeted monthly Food Cost- Maintain administrative tools, including order guides, Meat Count sheets, costing materials, recipes and training materials for Back and Front of House employees
• Enforce food quality:- Observe proper methods for food preparation and cooking, size of portions and garnishes- Taste test cooked foods for quality and flavor- Ensure food is kept at proper holding temperature through the use of thermometers-
Hiring preference given to Native Americans
We offer full health benefits, 401k Match, dining benefits, and performance bonus plan to all Chefs
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers