Himmel Hospitality Group is seeking a skilled and knowledgeable Wine & Beverage Manager. This individual will work closely with the Beverage Director and Beverage Managers at Bistro du Midi and Harvest to maintain excellence in all aspects of the beverage program. They will provide guidance and recommendations to both our staff and guests to create an exceptional dining experience. They will also participate in staff training, wine list maintenance, and proper inventory of the wine collection.
Essential Job Duties:
- Ordering, receiving, inventory, organizing, and selling wine for the restaurants
- Assist guests during dining service with wine pairing and recommendations, ensuring all wine is presented and served correctly, adhering to HHG service standards
- Train employees in order to maximize their wine knowledge and enhance the guest experience
The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of wine, excellent communication skills, and the ability to deliver outstanding hospitality. As a hands-on member of the Management team, this person will ensure all aspects of the restaurant are running smoothly and efficiently to deliver genuine hospitality.
- 1-2 years beverage management experience in fine dining environment
- Strong understanding of wine, regions, and industry trends
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
The compensation and benefits are highly competitive including health, dental, and vision insurance, vacation and holiday pay, parking, dining, incentives and more. They will also have the opportunity to work beside our award-winning beverage team and pursue their own Court of Master Sommelier goals.
Himmel Hospitality Group, owners of Grill 23 & Bar, Harvest, Bistro du Midi, and The Banks Fish House, is a leading privately-owned restaurant group in Boston. We are passionate about hospitality. It is our pride to have delivered decades of acclaimed dining and service, with each of our restaurants earning its place as a neighborhood institution. We are known for making high quality experiences for both our guests and our team members – we offer stability, professionalism, and the opportunity to work with some of the most creative and well respected food and beverage talent in the industry.
Please reply below with a resume and cover letter. We can’t wait to meet you!
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Do NOT contact this job poster with unsolicited services or offers.