honeygrow brings people together over quality, wholesome + simple foods. Founded by Justin Rosenberg in Philadelphia in 2012, honeygrow lives by the ethos of honest eating + growing local. We are transparent about where our food comes from, buy as local as possible, and take pride in the connections we make with the community. As a growing company, we expect excellence from our team. We are always looking for the hardest working, food-centric, and committed folks around who will help make honeygrow a best-in-class place to professionally develop and grow.
The honeygrow General Manager (GM) is the primary leader of his or her store. The GM must ensure that the guest experience always exceeds expectations, execution is consistent, and that their team is always positively developed.
- Earned paid time off
- One (1) week of sick time granted at time of hire and annually
- Plan your vacations! Closed for Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day
- Here’s to your future! 401(k)
- Medical, dental, FSA, commuter benefits, life insurance and disability for all who qualify
- Health and wellness resources and discounts for all those who qualify
- Exclusive savings on entertainment, shopping, hotels and more
- Free shift meals and discounted meals and drinks on your day off
- Eat healthy at work - Full menu of healthy delicious options to choose from
- Competitive salary
- Annual performance reviews with merit increase for those who qualify
- Referral bonus – earn up to $500 for referring a friend!
- Free hg gear – including your uniform!
- Anniversary gifts
- Career path: we’re growing + we’d love for you to grow with us!
- Culinary + hospitality training
- Enjoy working as a leader in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Ability to provide and train others to create an incredible guest service.
- Ability to lead Team Members through production management needs
- Ability to patiently and diligently train new and inexperienced hires.
- Possess strong time management and organizational skills
- Demonstrates integrity, honesty and knowledge when promoting the culture, values and mission of honeygrow
ROLES + RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Hold primary responsibility for leading honeygrow store operations through understanding and enforcing all policies, procedures, standards, guidelines, training programs and cultural points
- Demonstrate integrity, honesty, knowledge, and the ability to exceed expectations of guests and team members alike while promoting the culture, values and mission of honeygrow
- Set a positive example for the team by leading from the front when necessary and maintaining a model honeygrow demeanor at all times, including those of high volume or unusual events
- Fully comprehend and be able to perform every position in the store, and be trained on all stations through the GM level
- Consistently recruit, onboard and conduct initial station training of all store employees
- Supervise cash management and ensure accountability for all cash handling practices and administration
- Oversee the consistent and frequent training progression of all employees
- Facilitate and coordinate weekly manager meetings using company provided meeting agenda template
- Ensure that the facility is always in best of class condition by active management of hg’s store-level preventative maintenance plan
- Maintain a task calendar to assure all management level assignments and duties are being completed in a timely manner
- Conduct regular evaluations of all store employees
- Always represent the highest of honeygrow standards when communicating with guests, vendors and employees within the required timeline
- Ensure all food quality and safety standards and processes are being met at all times
- Administer proper payroll procedures and ensure delivery of accurate weekly payroll reports
- Hold accountability for all P&L results of the store
- Successfully communicate all hghq-derived company-wide updates, policies, notes, career opportunities, news, and events to all store employees
- Confirm financial reporting accuracy on a daily basis
- Actively coach and develop the store Assistant General Manager, Kitchen Manager, Service Managers and Team Members to succeed within the Ascension Guide
- Serve Safe Certification and any local food handler certification requirements
- At least three (3) years strong food prep and line experience
- Minimum of three (3) years of management experience in fine dining, fast casual, or similar restaurant/ premium food/beverage environment preferred.
- Solid knowledge of MS office suite and Google for Business apps
honeygrow is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status., or any other class protected by applicable law. EEO Employer M/F/Vet/Disabled. honeygrow will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all federal, state, and local laws.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers