compensation: $17.25/hr, benefits after 90 days for full-time employees, room for growth and more! employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
We want everybody to eat Clover someday. To make this happen we need the best leaders in the industry.
Clover Food Lab is a growing empire of restaurants in the Boston area using fine dining techniques to celebrate locally sourced food at prices everyone can afford.
At Clover, our high volume restaurants are run by a General Manager and supported with Assistant Managers. Assistant Managers are responsible for managing a team of 1-15 employees, during a busy shift, ensuring food quality is perfect and customer experience is excellent. Under the guidance of a General Manager, the assistant manager will attend leadership classes and delve into the inner-workings of a small business.
The Assistant Manager position is an entry role to leadership at Clover. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to be a part of Clover and has some experience with food or managing a team, to enter into the company. You will help build a team and lead them to make beautiful food. You will work to make your restaurant the center of food in your area including outreach to local community groups, schools, business leaders, etc. You'll contribute ideas that will make Clover a better company.
All Assistant Managers are required to:
• Lead a shift during a part of the day when the General Manager is not present
• Attend Assistant Manager training classes
• Work closely with Team Leaders and Team Members to provide the best possible service to guests
• Assist with recruitment, orientation, training and development of all in-store employees
• Successfully promote brand through customer experience
• Assist with the management of promotions to help grow store sales and customer base
• Manage cash
• Assist in monitoring operations and carrying out corrective actions
• Understand and follow all company policy and procedures
• Execute serving the best tasting food
• Join team in day-to-day restaurant duties
• Assist the General Manager in coordinating the entire restaurant operation
Human Resources department may invite you to participate in a Practical Interview. This gives you the opportunity to interview us. Applicants experience the job hands on, get to know the staff and gain a better understand Clover culture. Additionally, we use the face-to-face interaction as an opportunity to get to know you better.
Assistant Managers must have:
• 1+ years experience managing a team of 7-12 people
• Experience supervising others in foodservice (at Clover or elsewhere)
• Experience with scheduling, hiring, training and developing people
• ServSafe Certified, current certificate
• Choke safe, allergen awareness certified
• Demonstrated ability to motivate and lead others
• A passion for food, a positive attitude and a willingness to work to high standards
Clover Food Lab is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, or veteran status.
• $17.25/hour to start
• Opportunity to learn, grow and build a meaningful career
• Discount on Clover meals, apparel and shelf-stable groceries sold in our store
• Free cooking classes
• Free knife skills 101, 102, 103 classes (custom knife when you pass)
• Opportunities to attend food-sourcing trips to coffee roasters, farmers, cheese-makers, etc.
• Opportunities to attend food development meetings, contribute ideas/recipes to the menu
• Fitness Pay-Back Program
• Full health, vision and dental benefits available to full-time benefit-eligible staff
• Company paid Life & Disability benefits
• Company paid Hubway Bike Program membership
• Company paid Weekly CSA Farm Share Program