compensation: Based on experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Seeking Dog Handler at Luxe Pet Resort
Luxe Pet Resort, Boston's very own luxury animal care facility, is seeking a full time dog daycare handler to join our team. We are a state of the art facility that provides custom designed quality care to meet the needs of each unique pet. The dog handler is an essential member of the team to help keep playgroups a safe and fun environment for all dogs in our care.
• Previous dog handling experience and general knowledge of dog behavior. Such experience includes: group play supervision, dog walking, grooming, veterinarian technician training. Applicants who have personal dog handling experience with a strong knowledge of dog behavior will also be considered.
• A confident and assertive demeanor to help maintain control over the dogs
• Appropriate attire and presentation
• Ability to work well within a team environment
• Reliable transportation as punctuality is vital in this role
• Good verbal skills with a friendly attitude when dealing with clients
• Qualified candidates must feel comfortable and enjoy working with dogs and cats
• Ability to follow both written and oral instructions
• Willing to work nights, weekends and holidays
• Supervising dogs of all sizes in an off-leash group play environment
• Physical ability to handle dogs of all sizes and maintain proper cleaning protocols
• Maintaining a safe environment for all dogs and cats
• Cleaning, feeding and watering of all pets
• Administering medication and diligent record keeping
This is an hourly position and employees are able to take advantage of free daycare and boarding for their pet. Qualified candidates must respond with a resume and include any additional animal-related experience in the body of the response to be considered for an interview.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers