favorite this postBilingual Family Partner - Chelsea and Roxbury (Chelsea and Roxbury)hide this posting
compensation: Commensurate with experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
We are a Child Care Agency with a demonstrated commitment to serving children and families that spans over 130 years. We have immediate openings for two Bilingual Family Partners to join our dedicated team. One full time opening in Chelsea, MA and one full time opening in Roxbury, MA.. Ability to speak, read and write in Spanish is required for these specific locations.
Under the direct supervision and direction of the Program Director, responsible for administrative and case management activities for families in Nurtury's network of Programs. Main point of contact between Nurtury and priority population social workers. Provide assistance to educators and staff working with families, and serve as a liaison/champion for families. Provides confidential administrative support to the Program as assigned.
1. Maintain and update all children's records involving attendance, health and related authorizations, permissions, assessments, etc
2. Actively involved in marketing, supporting, and promoting Nurtury in the community.
3. Organizes and facilitates programs and activities for parents/caregivers and children.
4. Provide one-on-one or group sessions.
5. Cooperative goal setting with families.
6. Facilitate and support parent training, education, self-sufficiency, and other related activities.
7. Establish relationships with appropriate service providers and community agencies.
8. Resource and referral services for families.
9. Coordination of services and collaboration with outside service providers such as Early Intervention.
10. Prepare standard administrative and statistical reports for central office, ASQ/ASQ-SE, etc.
11. Assist program management in obtaining classroom coverage as required.
12. May dispense medication as needed.
13. Perform other related duties as assigned
Knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform the essential functions:
- Bachelor's degree in related field preferred, or relevant years of experience
- Bilingual, Spanish-English, required
- 3/5 years experience working with children and families of underserved populations
- A valid driver's license and/or reliable transportation required
- Experience in one or more of the following:
*working with low-income and/or multicultural populations
*familiarity with educational or child care settings
*knowledge of systems of services available to low-income people in MA
To apply, submit your cover letter and resume to the email address above or click here.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers