compensation: commensurate with experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Zoom Telephonics (www.zoomtel.com) is a leading provider of cable modems and other internet access products headquartered near South Station in downtown Boston. We are experiencing dramatic growth and profiting from years of experience designing and supporting great products. We are looking for an entry level QA Test Engineer that has at least 1-2 years of experience and has worked with Linux.
You will be responsible for testing an exciting line of Zoom products. You will work on-site in our Boston office in a friendly results-oriented atmosphere with a skilled engineering team reporting to the DVT Manager of Engineering. Our environment has a laid back feeling, with business casual dress throughout the week. Schedules are flexible within reason. This position is full-time and eligible for Zoom's comprehensive benefit package.
Ensure maximum product quality by validating system-level functionality under normal and stress conditions. This will include the following: regression testing; validating requirements pertaining to pre-existing functionality regression testing; performing Firmware Http GUI web pages regression testing on browsers (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome) to ensure browser functionality works properly and perform functional, system, fix and regression testing. In addition, you will be responsible for:
• Testing and validating features and functionality with new and existing software/firmware.
• Reviewing all documentation and test plans and executing test plans and test cases in a network environment while ensuring the integrity of lab environment.
• Providing troubleshooting and expeditious resolution of network/test environment issues.
• Performing Firmware/Hardware/Platform Testing on different product lines.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science with at least 1-2 years of test experience.
• Experience in regression testing on new and existing software/firmware releases for embedded communication devices.
• Experience in networking testing (Firewall, Port Forwarding, Dynamic DNS, MAC, IP, Port, URL Filtering).
• Experience testing in IPv6, IPv4 and VPN (PPTP, L2TP and IPSec).
• Experience testing on all Windows and Mac OS X platforms.
• Experience in Linux required.
Nice to Have:
• Some experience with Cable Modem Router and wireless testing.
• Some understanding Cable Modem Termination System (CMTS).
• Excellent communication skills.
• Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision.
• Ability to collaborate with a team of skilled test engineers.
• Must be a team player, highly motivated and willing to learn.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers