compensation: Compensation based on experience. employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Samiotes Consultants, Inc., is a civil engineering and land surveying company specializing in site development. We are located in Framingham, MA.
Samiotes' work experience is diverse, ranging from state-of-the-art site infrastructure designs to sophisticated land use feasibility assessments. Since its inception in 1987, Samiotes has provided services to a number of market sectors, including colleges and universities, public and private secondary schools, non-profit institutions, financial institutions, industrial facilities, athletic franchises, libraries, hospitals + health care facilities, retail developers, and real estate investment trusts. We are currently seeking a qualified candidate for a Senior Civil Leadership Role to join our growing team.
Civil Project Manager: We are searching for an Experienced / Part-Time Project Manager to provide full-cycle project support. This candidate will manage all phases of project from Feasibility through Construction Administration services with authority to direct and monitor all activities on complex projects of the largest magnitude.
Defines, monitors, and maintains control of the scope of work and services for the project including project schedule and work plan.
• Prepares and negotiates client and consultant proposals, fees, schedules, and contracts.
Primary coordinator of all communication between the client and Samiotes, ensuring timely resolution of client concerns and management of business issues including contracts scopes and invoicing.
• Responsible for the complete integration of design and technical aspects of the project.
• Responsible for the clear and timely communication of information to the project team and to insure compliance with the project team's goals & permitting challenges.
• Monitors the performance of the project team and approach, to assure that the Firm's quality standards and design goals are being met.
• Responsible for meeting or exceeding the financial goals established for the project and providing timely and appropriate information.
• Ensures the orderly and complete preparation, distribution, and retention of all project written records.
• Responsible for the orderly close-out of projects per contractual requirements.
• Develops and maintains successful client relationships for repeat business.
Feasibility through Construction Administration services on a diverse range of projects. Candidate must have a strong working knowledge of plan design and development, including site layout, grading, utility design, stormwater management, site and regulatory feasibility, environmental permitting (MEPA, WPA, NPDES, MS4, etc.) and a thorough understanding of all local, state and federal permitting processes.
• Must have CAD experience, including Civil 3D, HydroCAD, Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Adobe, Outlook)
• Project/design decision making; i.e. organizes and implements how the project is completed in an efficient manner
• Attention to detail/quality control
• Excels in interacting with various disciplines: architect, landscape architect, legal,
geotechnical engineering, traffic, MEP, building engineering, & others.
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
• 0 - 5 years project management experience in site civil engineering/design.
• Soil Evaluator's License and/or LEED Accreditation a Plus
• Proven ability to maintain existing client relationship and build/ generate new ones
• Experience negotiating and managing project scope and fees as well as risk management and financial accountability
• Strong leadership, organization, and communication skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Problem solving skills, attention to detail, and motivation to learn
• Collaborative and professional work ethic
Why Join Us:
Our employees are driven by a passion for advancing the built environment with exceptional concern for quality of life, safety and sustainability. For over 30 years, we have delivered creative solutions that exceed our clients' goals and foster an environment that creates unlimited opportunities for our employees.
Samiotes is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer. Our mission is to promote a company culture where learning is a primary focus and every voice is heard, and listened to. We value everyone's ideas and encourage participation in meetings and dialogue, where we challenge ourselves to constantly improve, thus creating a positive, energetic, learning work environment. Our atmosphere is supportive, friendly and team-oriented. We are seeking key individuals who thrive in this environment and will add a new dynamic to our growing organization.
We are committed to our employees' personal and professional growth. We offer competitive salary compensation (based on experience) along with a comprehensive benefits package. Our benefits include paid holidays, paid vacation and sick time, medical and dental benefits including a Section 125 tax savings plan, a Health Savings Account (HSA), short-term and long-term disability, professional development through in-office programs, a 401K/Profit Sharing Plan, a quarterly bonus structure, and a casual dress, dog/ child friendly office. If you are looking to challenge yourself and become an office leader within the civil engineering industry, please email your cover letter and resume to Despina Samiotes.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities