compensation: $30,000-35,000 depending on experience and education employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
If you are looking for a Center with a community of professional teachers and committed parents that put a child’s exploration, learning style and emotional development at the forefront of what they do, we are waiting for you!
Bigelow Cooperative Day care is a non-profit play-based program strongly influenced by the Reggio Emilia approach to learning. As a parent cooperative we have an involved group of parents and a staff culture of working as a team and growing together. Come join us in Somerville (between Union and Porter Squares)! We offer competitive salaries, low staff/child ratios, great benefits and are currently looking for a Full Time Infant/Toddler teacher, F/T Infant teacher and a F/T Toddler/Preschool teacher. Hours are 8:30-3:30 or 10:30-5:30.
• 2 weeks paid vacation and 1 week paid winter break
• Comprehensive health, dental and disability insurance
• Matching Simple IRA contribution
• Longevity bonuses at 3 years (some of our teachers have been here 20 plus years!)
• 11 paid holidays
• 35 hour work week plus paid planning time, paid lunch and paid break time.
The person we are looking for will:
• Have a passion for teaching, an understanding of child development and a strong belief in play-based learning
• Realize the importance of establishing positive relationships with parents and working collaboratively with other staff
• Create an open, friendly, nurturing and cooperative atmosphere where parents and children feel comfortable and secure
• Be open to new ideas, a desire to grow and be flexible in your approach to adult learning
• Be able to document and assess children’s growth, adapt curriculum to the children’s needs and be able to communicate this information in a variety of ways
• A minimum of two years of Early Childhood teaching experience with Infants/Toddlers
• EEC Infant/Toddler Certification
• Associates degree in Early Childhood or higher preferred but not required
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers