Working for the global leader in the music industry comes with the prestige of being associated with top quality and award-winning products. It's also about working in a culture that embraces innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork. We accomplish all of this in a fun and family-oriented environment where we deeply embrace the philosophy of helping enrich the lives of all people through music and sound products.
The Yamaha Music School of Boston is seeking a Music Teacher to teach Yamaha Music Education System classes.
Job Duties include:
• Teach weekly Yamaha Method group lessons to groups of 5-12 children ages 4-5 and ages 6-8 (Training provided)
• This teacher will also work as a private lesson teacher and conduct weekly private lesson instruction for piano.
• Necessary skills include advanced keyboard performance, keyboard harmony, improvisation, sight singing and accompaniment, singing while accompanying oneself on piano, transposition, aural skills and knowledge of music theory.
• To ensure that YMES teachers have these skills, all candidates will be asked to take the Teacher Candidate Exam prior to beginning work.
• Individual will report to the School Director
• Complete administrative duties and submit required work according to the faculty handbook
• Maintain ongoing communications and an active dialogue with school families
• In collaboration with the Administrative staff and YMES Education Specialists, advise students and parents on education matters
• Participate in performances and recitals
• Attend school meetings and required seminars or trainings
• Contributes to a teaching staff that is committed, positive, and works well as a team
• Maintain an active and visible professional profile in appropriate organizations
• Bachelor Degree in music performance and/or education required (MM preferred). Plus a minimum of 3-5 years of teaching experience in a professional environment.
• Comfortable teaching music to pre-school aged children in a group setting with parents present
• Demonstrate comprehensive ability in piano performance, keyboard harmony, improvisation, sight singing and accompaniment, transposition, aural skills and knowledge of music theory.
• Pleasant singing voice & ability to sing while accompanying oneself on piano
• Must show excellent facilitation / communication skills (verbal and written)
• Open to training, feedback, coaching, support, and ongoing development in a team environment
• Must be flexible and be able to adhere to the teaching schedule provided
• Teaching schedule may include weekday afternoons, evenings, and weekends (Saturday and/or Sunday), depending upon school needs and candidate availability, and as determined and scheduled by the administration
Application Instructions: Please submit resume, cover letter indicating why you are a good fit for Yamaha Music Education System, and video links to recent performances. For this position, only links to an applicant performing on piano will be considered.
Yamaha is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Please apply through our website at www.yamahacareers.com.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities