Working for the global leader in the music industry comes with the prestige of being associated with top quality and award-winning products. It's also about working in a culture that embraces innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork. We accomplish all of this in a fun and family-oriented environment where we deeply embrace the philosophy of helping enrich the lives of all people through music and sound products.
The Yamaha Music School of Boston is seeking a teacher to teach group and private lesson guitar.
Here's what you'll do:
• Teach weekly Sunday morning and Monday evening group guitar class using Yamaha Music School of Boston Young Guitarist Course curriculum (training provided)
• Necessary skills include strong fundamental musical skills, knowledge of music theory and guitar pedagogy, ability to sight-read
• Proficiency in both Electric and Acoustic/Classical guitar
• To ensure candidate has required skills, all candidates will be asked to take an audition prior to beginning work which will include solo repertoire and sight reading
• This teacher will also work as a private lesson teacher and conduct weekly private lesson instruction for guitar from Children to Adult across various levels.
• The assignment of schedule and student load may vary contingent upon business needs.
• Individual will report to the School Director
• Group lesson instruction will be conducted for children ages 7-9 and held weekly.
• Complete administrative duties and submit required work according to the faculty handbook
• Maintain ongoing communications and an active dialogue with school families
• In collaboration with the Administrative staff and Guitar Studies Coordinator, advise students and parents on education matters
• Participate in performances and recitals
• Attend school meetings and required seminars or trainings
• Contributes to a teaching staff that is committed, positive, and works well as a team
• Maintain an active and visible professional profile in appropriate organizations
Here's what you bring to the table:
• Bachelor Degree in music performance and/or education required (MM preferred)
• A minimum of 3-5 years of teaching experience in a professional environment
• Pro-actively seeks out opportunities to improve knowledge and skills
• Must show excellent facilitation/communication skills (verbal and written)
• Have a desire and aptitude for teaching all ages and genuine dedication to teaching beginning musicians
• Must be flexible and be able to adhere to the teaching schedule provided
• Teaching schedule may include weekday afternoons, evenings, and weekends (Saturdays and Sundays), depending upon school needs and candidate availability, and as determined and scheduled by the administration
Please apply through our website at www.yamahacareers.com.
Yamaha is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP on our website.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities