compensation: Varies based on background/experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
We're hiring an educational leader to lead the brand new Goddard School in Lexington.
Are you interested in being a Center Director at a brand new preschool in a state-of-the-art facility? Do you want to work with the nation's leader in early education and care? Then you're reading the right job posting. This prestigious position is perfect for the candidate who has exceptional leadership skills, advanced interpersonal and problem-solving abilities and extensive experience in early education and childcare management. You will be working closely with the owner but the director is responsible for the daily operation of the program, facility, administration, personnel, and auxiliary activities of the school.
The Goddard School of Lexington is a premier early childhood center that offers the best preparation for social, physical and academic success for children 6 weeks to 6 years. The Goddard School® is a renowned program with a Piaget (Learning through Play) based foundation and a leader in the preschool industry which is growing and continues to set the standard for excellence. The focus of the program is to provide a life-long love of learning. We want to attract and retain the best educators by providing them a supportive & collaborative culture and the tools they need to be successful in their respective roles.
• Experience in opening a new school is a must
• Current CPR/First Aid and MAT certification
• Highly effective organizational, time management and multitasking skills
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• Neat, clean and professional appearance
• Must have the mobility to react to emergency situations for the safety of students and staff
• Three to five years of experience managing early childhood programs
• MA EEC Director II certification required
• Experience with NAEYC accreditation preferred
• Proficient computer skills in Excel, Word, internet, social media sites
• Must meet state requirements for education and experience
In addition to meeting any/all requirements by the state, all candidates must meet one or more of the following:
• Minimum of an Associate's Degree in Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, Child Development or a related field and a minimum of 5 years of management experience in a licensed childcare center or preschool.
• Bachelor's degree or higher (Preferred) in Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, Child Development and a minimum of 3 years of management experience in a licensed childcare center or preschool.
• Planning and organizing activities that meet the goals of the School, including policies, enrollment, staffing, curriculum and administration & marketing.
• Managing the School's operating budget, including payroll and classroom supplies, and preparing monthly reports on the status of the budget.
• Maintaining appropriate staff levels for enrollment in accordance with school policies and state regulations, including recruitment, selection, and appraisal of employees.
• Playing a primary role with parents in orientation, problem-solving and maintaining active parent-School relationships.
• Maintaining records pertaining to the administration of the School in accordance with state requirements in health, enrollment, and safety and licensing.
• Developing plans for the use and care of space and School equipment.
• Planning and enhancing community relations to promote community awareness of the School and its educational offerings.
• Participating in recommended training programs, conferences and other aspects of professional development.
• Other business tasks as assigned
The Goddard School of Lexington offers full-time employees competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits package including:
• This is a salaried position with bonus opportunities. Compensation is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Education Reimbursement
• Career Advancement and Coaching
• Affiliation with Leaders in the Childcare Field
The Goddard School of Lexington is an EOE. We look forward to hearing from you!
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers