President/COO Consultant - Consumer medical technology company
My name is Michael Bissonnette. In the last 24 years, I have founded two breakthrough consumer product companies. Built from the ground up, my team and I took both companies public on the Nasdaq, along the way raising over 30 million dollars. (see michaelbissonnette.com)
Two years ago, I was hired by a remarkable medical technology company, ROM3 Rehab, with two revolutionary rehab products (visit rom3rehab.com). My job was to help them raise 5 million dollars, help further refine their product and marketing strategy, hire key personnel and prepare them for a direct public offering.
While working with senior management and completing their initial $5 million raise, it became obvious to me that the same patented technology could be applied to the consumer market as well.
My experiences with building, funding and taking consumer companies public fit like a glove. I became CEO and a primary shareholder. I had no intention of taking another company through the shark infested waters of the start-up world and the killer-whale infested waters of the public offering game.
But here I am again, and with a company that has the potential to dwarf my other two combined.
After six months of hands-on consumer market research, product R&D and developing the overarching vision and preliminary strategies, I'm now reaching out for the key senior management to help me build this company into $100 million plus within 4 years of product launch.
1. The company begins with Rom3 Rehab's revolutionary one-of-a-kind technology for knee & hip replacements, sports injuries and chronic pain conditions and adds at least 5 other patentable product/ service concepts.
2. The market place is the large, ever-growing and shockingly underserved 55+ market for surgery rehab, cardiac rehab, neuromuscular rehab and the title wave condition of obesity.
3. 50% of our investors In Rom3 rehab and the consumer company are doctors or professionals in the medical field that have the unique insight to appreciate the value of the product and the potential of the investment. Most of these same investors are on our board of advisors and evangelists for the product and the up-and-coming community of the consumer company.
There are three pillars to the consumer company:
1. The products (one of a kind knee & hip rehabilitation system)
2. Paid community membership (with a potential membership of 20 million in pain now and little to no relevant information or practical day to day support)
3. Marketplace with 100 or more relevant rehab products (the amazon of knee and hip replacements, surgeries and pain)
We have three core challenges in front of us:
1. Continued fundraising while initiating a 15 million raise through a RegA+
(right up my sweet spot)
2. Interviewing and hiring senior management
3. Refining, implementing, and successfully executing our business plan
Regarding the hiring of key personnel, my strategy has always been and continues to be "crawl, walk, run", whenever possible.
What I am looking for:
1. Highest priority --experience as a President, Chief Operating Officer or Chief Marketing Officer of an entrepreneurial consumer product company where you were a senior member of an accelerated growth company moving from early $2 to $10 million annual revenues to the 30M to 50M and above annual revenues (or same roles with a larger consumer company).
2. Acceptable-- 10 years or more as a CEO or owner operator of a smaller consumer-based entrepreneurial accelerated growth company.
3. Willing to consider to senior member of an entrepreneurial accelerated growth consumer company with relevant experience relating to our three pillars.
In all cases --consumer marketing expertise is a highly desirable
My hiring processes:
My strong preference is to hire key individuals part-time in a consulting role to begin our relationship. This allows both parties to move way beyond the interviewing noise that is inevitable, into the reality of a day-to-day business relationship.
Based on a mixture of competence and mutual chemistry the relationship will move to the walk stage- interim commitment and raise- to the run stage. which is a full-out fully engaged relationship.
Few private companies ever go public or are acquired which means few executives ever get cash in no matter how good they are or what they have accomplished. I believe this company will be an exception.
One of the key reasons for considering this opportunity is my experience in taking companies public along with my experience of having three of my companies acquired. I expect to find the right person for this position and that that person will make a sizable contribution towards our successful public offering and our growth. With that in mind, I expect that our compensation package with stock grants and stock options will allow this individual the potential to have walkaway money, i.e. never having to work again, unless one wants to.
If your talents, experience and sense of this job excites you, then let's take the next step. Please forward me your CV/resume along with the cover letter indicating why this opportunity interests you, and why your experiences and talents are relevant to the job as outlined. Please include your previous and current salary history with your resume and cover letter.
As it relates to your current and previous salary history if you've been a consultant or part-time, please include your hourly wage. And if you were full time employed please include your salary.
Obviously, I will not respond to any inquiries without a resume, personalized cover letter and salary history.
Openness, honesty and candidness are qualities I respond to - as opposed to framing things in the right way with the right words. Please be who you are and let our natural process unfold accordingly.
Please review the medical companies web site rom3rehab.com and watch the product video and then review my personal web site michaelbissonnette.com before responding.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers