Our client is seeking ideal candidates for the position of Data Analyst. This is a contract position. Please send your resume in immediately to be considered for this position. See details below:
• A minimum of two (2) years of full-time, or equivalent part-time, professional experience in public or business administration, or a related field, in work that included data analysis, reporting, and visualization, using languages and software such as Python, R, SQL, VBA, and Tableau or other BI tools.
• A bachelor's degree in public policy, public administration, statistics, computer science, or a related field is preferred and may be substituted for two (2) years of the required experience.
• Demonstrated interest in public policy or administration; experience in a government setting desirable.
• Strong analytics and critical thinking skills; demonstrated ability to organize and synthesize large datasets and to use data to identify patterns and problems and formulate solutions.
• Experience with structured and unstructured data formats including csv, txt, json, and xml.
• Experience with basic applied statistical techniques.
• Ability to produce consistently high-quality output under strict deadlines.
• Ability to communicate methods and findings verbally, in writing, and visually to technical and non-technical audiences.
• Capable of working both independently, with direction, and as part of a diverse, multi-skilled team.
• Capable of advancing multiple projects and priorities simultaneously.
• Strong intellectual curiosity; demonstrated drive to master new skills, systems, and subject matter.
• Design and develop metrics, analyses, reports, and dashboards to support decision-making and operations across state government; employ a variety of statistical and other software applications, graphics tools, and business intelligence (BI) applications to analyze results, evaluate performance, and project future trends and needs.
• Support the design, development, and implementation of data-sharing efforts across Commonwealth offices and agencies; work with team members and outside departments to access data for ongoing projects and other business intelligence needs.
• Support the development of public-facing data analytics and reporting.
• Research and report on data-management best practices, including in the areas of governance, storage, privacy, and reporting.
• Develop and maintain relationships with outside departments and agencies; work with team members to build communities of practice around data use.
Candidates must reside in Massachusetts or be willing to relocate.
We are Back Bay Staffing Group.
Since 1987, Back Bay Staffing Group has been placing professionals like you with some of the most outstanding and reputable firms and companies in the country. Our specialty groups provide direct hire, executive search, contract consulting and temp/contract-to-hire solutions to emerging growth companies, government agencies and Fortune 500 businesses across all market sectors and industries.
We work with all types of industries including Financial, Government Services, Information Technology, Human Resources, and Legal. With a focus on integrity and diversity, our recruitment agency strives to seek out the most qualified and energetic candidates from a variety of backgrounds and disciplines. Back Bay Staffing Group's commitment to diversity is unmatched. Our policy is to promote equality in a manner that develops and strengthens community bonds to ensure diversity-staffing needs are being adhered to.