Maintenance Superintendent needed for a 500+ unit family apartment community; Fresh Pond Apartments in Cambridge, MA. The Maintenance Superintendent is responsible for all aspects of day-to-day maintenance operations of the property. Direct all operations of maintenance team, including porters. Must have extensive experience with plumbing, electrical, HVAC, appliance repair and unit turnover procedures. Minimum of 10+ years Property Maintenance and 5+ years supervisory experience required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Recruits, hires, trains, develops, schedules and directs assigned staff. Reviews and evaluates performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals;
2. Schedules and assists with daily operations (service orders, repaints/re-carpets, apartment turnovers, etc.);
3. Develops and adheres to maintenance budget. Authorizes maintenance expenditures;
4. Coordinate service contracts and oversee any vendor and contractor activities;
5. Quality control checks for completed work by maintenance staff, contractors and vendors;
6. Communicate effectively with residents, fellow associates, vendors and supervisors;
7. Conduct and document regular property inspections and communicate results;
8. Inspect vacated apartments and complete ‘make-ready’ checklist and inform manager of needed services and repairs;
9. Required to be available and often on-site in the event of a weather or property emergency;
10. Enforces and adheres to company policies, rules, safety practices and regulations.