Position Summary: Assist in management and operation of a Snap-on mobile retail store with a scope of $14,000 or greater in weekly sales. Fully develop the assigned route to reach its maximum sales and customer service potential. Mobile stores serve as a model operation for potential franchisees and others seeking positions with Snap-on. Utilize diagnostic workstation, tool box configurator and promotional displays, and provide hands-on product demonstrations to answer questions, provide solutions, and ensure confidence in the technician's purchase. Work in tandem with the Snap-on company store manager to pre-qualify customers, complete tool storage and diagnostic surveys and provide solutions that are specific to each individual.
• Assist in service of customers on designated route.
• Provide service on products sold by the company.
• Assist in management of store operation to meet sales, margin and profit targets.
• Assist in maintaining accountability for sales and collections, and P&L.
• Assist in maintaining accountability for corporate assets in the form of cash, inventory, van and accounts receivable.
• Assist in operation of store in compliance with the Snap-on program.
• Work with store manager to increase revenue by leveraging supplemental product offerings, improving consumable product sales and executing special project sales of new product and equipment items.
• Assist in maintaining compliance with D.O.T. regulations, including pre- and post-trip inspections, Hours of Service and paperwork.
• Maintain mobile company store in pristine condition, as it serves as a showcase for the Snap-on franchise.
• Interact with other store managers, FPT managers, and zone manager to ensure coordination of programs and policies, and to share best practices.
• Assist with research and testing through the implementation of programs, promotions, products or techniques within the mobile company store operation. Provide feedback on their effectiveness.
• Assist with recruitment efforts.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
• Proven direct sales or sales management experience, preferably in route or outside sales. Retail experience a plus.
• Experience in business related positions.
• Valid driver's license. Ability to drive 16-20' vehicle 40-50% of the time.
• Ability to pass D.O.T. physical and maintain medical card.
• Ability to lift 50 pounds frequently (below shoulder height), and more than 50 pounds occasionally (using available lifting device).
• Position requires knowledge and experience in the following areas.
o Product knowledge
o Asset management
o Business operations
o Computer proficiency
• Completion of Snap-on training programs.
• The following individual characteristics and competencies are particularly important:
o High energy level and highly motivated
o Results driven - set and achieve goals
o Strong communication skills-interpersonal, relationship building, presentations, verbal/written, listening
o Persuasive and influential
o Customer focused
o Strong core values
An Equal Opportunity Employer, minority/female/disabled/veteran