compensation: Salary will be commensurate with work experience and ability. employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
About the Job
CONSTRUCTION PROJECT MANAGER JOB SUMMARY:
This Project Management position involves overseeing the day-to-day affairs of multiple, simultaneously managing construction phase federal construction being completed in the New England and Mid-Atlantic Region. The PM will be stationed in southern New Hampshire and coordinate subcontractors, vendors, and personnel ensuring that projects are completed safely, on-time, within budget and according to company quality standards.
Salary will be commensurate with work experience and ability.
• Manage the buyout process. Knowledge of subcontractor and vendor current market pricing. Understand plans, able to take-off, quantify different work scopes, and create clear bid packages.
• Value engineer trade and vendor work scopes prior to and during buyout process.
• Analyze and compare bids, ensuring that buyout optimizes price value and schedule.
• Author subcontractor and vendor work scopes, integrating schedules, identifying trade specific safety concerns and suggesting mitigations within subcontractor and vendor contract documents.
• Create a baseline project schedule, including sequence of buyout. Manage, update and re-format schedule as job progresses.
• Contract Administration - Ability to process subcontractor and vendor pay applications, evaluate, negotiate and process change orders in a timely manner.
• Analyze and maintain control budgets, perform inspection walks with bank inspectors, oversee approval of work in place, documentation of stored materials and monitor punch/warranty work.
• Conduct construction meetings, prepare and distribute meeting minutes, identify, solve and report problem issues to senior staff.
• Manage document control in a systematic and traceable manner (RFIs, submittals, plan updates, punch list and close-out).
• Comprehensive knowledge of state and federal projects, AIA, certified payroll, materials and techniques.
• Knowledge of common and general code requirements, ADA requirements, MEP systems and components, permitting processes and requirement.
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
• Ability to manage multiple projects at different stages of construction
• Comprehensive knowledge of cost control, budgeting, cost reporting and forecasting.
• Understanding of legal subcontracts, subcontractor and vendor insurance requirements, and related construction draw forms
• Proficient with Excel, Microsoft Project, as well as estimation and take-off software
• Excellent writing skills and communications skills.
• Familiarity with OSHA and MSDS documentation
• Willingness to travel within New England and Mid-Atlantic area to project sites.
• Ability to manage the pre-construction and value engineering process
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Minimum of 7 years managing construction projects
• Experience in state and federal projects
• Bachelor Degree or educated either in construction management, construction/building science, engineering, business management or architecture and design
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers