Amazing opportunity to get your foot in the door with a dynamic, innovative biotechnology company that is in a period of explosive growth and heading toward an IPO.
QR Code Link to This Post
The Staff Accountant reports directly to the company's Corporate Controller and works closely with the Accounting and Financial Planning & Analysis teams. This individual will be responsible for a broad range of accounting functions to include: assisting in month-end and quarter-end closes; generating reports to identify trends and changes; preparing balance sheet, income statements and monthly financial results for management; and variance reporting and analysis. This role requires significant attention to detail and excellent analytical, documentation and communication skills. Candidate should be able to collect, analyze and interpret data to produce accurate reporting. Candidate must have proven ability to thrive in a team environment, be willing to assist other team members to achieve team goals and objectives and go the 'extra mile' if necessary.
- Participates in the monthly and quarterly close
- Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare entries to accounts. Prepares monthly journal entries and account reconciliations for the following accounts: cash and cash equivalents, marketable securities, accounts receivable, prepaid expenses, fixed assets, accruals, and deferred revenue. Ensures account reconciliations are accurate and fully reconciled; resolve any resulting discrepancies in a timely manner
- Ensures general ledger properly reflects all financial transactions and financial statements are prepared in accordance with GAAP
- Performs analysis of operating results and financial strength of the consolidated financial statements of the Company
- Enhance policies, procedures and systems to develop scalability in a growing company
- Assists in the improvement of accounting business processes to improve productivity and create operating efficiencies across the company
-Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance required
-1+ years of experience in accounting
-Public accounting experience a plus