Do you love numbers and thrive in fast-paced, energetic, collaborative environments? This is a great early career opportunity for someone with strong attention to detail and one to two years of experience in a similar role.
Founded in 1999, CIC's mission is to improve the world by helping exceptional entrepreneurs innovate better and faster. We offer carefully curated working environments that combine private, secure offices alongside shared amenities in locations across Boston, Cambridge, Miami, Philadelphia, Providence (2019), Rotterdam, St. Louis, and Warsaw and are growing into other cities, within the US and abroad. We currently serve 1800+ startups, growth companies, and branches of larger organizations, representing for-profit, mission-driven, and non-profit sectors across a wide array of industries. The spaces are purposefully designed and built for innovation, featuring tailored workspaces such as biotech and robotics laboratories, and bring together frequent, large gatherings of the best and brightest innovators and entrepreneurs.
CIC currently has over a million square feet of space under lease and is actively pursuing campuses in additional cities globally, including Dublin, Tokyo, Bilbao, and Sydney, with plans to grow to 50 cities over the next 10 years. We pride ourselves on displaying a high degree of care and accuracy in everything that we do, and we work to ensure that our clients thrive every day that they are in our space. We believe that our ability to support world-changing entrepreneurs is only as good as the people who make up our teams, and as such we are looking for people who are interested in contributing to--and improving--the way we work.
We invite you to explore all our openings here and learn more about us here.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
CIC seeks highly capable, self-directed individuals who employ a high level of autonomy in their work.
The ideal candidate will:
• Possess strong accounting, finance, quantitative, and business writing skills
• Have experience recording transactions, posting debits and credits, reconciling accounts, and ensuring accuracy and completeness of data
• Be adaptable and have the ability to work well under pressure in a demanding environmentWorks comfortably with individuals from a variety of backgrounds and experience levels, treating everyone as an equal
• Bring a fresh perspective and new ideas to everything they do
• Be highly detail oriented and organized with solid time management skills
GENERAL OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Staff Accountant will work closely with the other members of the finance team to handle all accounting responsibilities including Accounts Payable. Some of the responsibilities of the Staff Accountant include but are not limited to:
• Reviewing and entering bills with a focus on accuracy
• Processing timely payments while managing cash flow
• Maintaining supporting documentation and classification of expenses
• Maintaining vendor files
• Preparing year-end Form 1099
• Preparing and posting journal entries
• Preparing monthly reconciliations
• Assisting with preparing analyses of accounts and producing monthly reports
• Assisting with month end/year end closing
• Assisting with monthly preparation of sales and use tax filings
• Tackling additional responsibilities as needed, including some Accounts Receivable tasks
• A Bachelor's degree or equivalent training in accounting or related field.
• Minimum two years of professional experience.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and experience with QuickBooks.
• Ability to analyze data, conceptualize assumptions, and test and report conclusions.
• Ethical and responsible with the desire to help and support others.
• An interest in a long-term role. We are a growing company, and we like to hire people who can grow with us over the years.
ATTRACTIONS OF THE JOB
In addition to helping our clients achieve great things, we work to ensure that our employees are healthy and supported. Some of the benefits of being here include:
• Fun people in a dynamic space. We pride ourselves on finding driven and bright collaborators who are eager to lend their own unique skills to the team, as well as to our inspiring clientele. The number one reason CICers say they like working here is because of their colleagues!
• Personal growth. This is a great opportunity to learn and develop skills within the epicenter of the innovation community at a growing company.
• Discounted services and memberships on tools to make your life happier/healthier such as gym memberships, tech, and design support, hotel stays, and other fantastic options.
• Great benefits! See more below.
Starting compensation is $50,000 per year plus 100% of the cost of a premium healthcare and dental package, long and short-term disability, life insurance, 401k matching after the first year of employment (must be 21+), and twelve holidays plus two weeks paid vacation from the start (more with seniority). Annual reviews with raises significantly above the national average every year for those on track with a strong performance.
CIC is committed to building teams that reflect the fabric of the cities we support. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, ancestry, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation please let us know.
Please apply here with a resume and cover letter in Word or PDF format: