We are a growing Biotech seeking to add a Staff Accountant to our team! The Staff Accountant compiles and analyzes financial information, manages day to day accounts payable transactions, process and record payroll, record monthly general ledger entries, reconcile general ledger accounts and prepare monthly reconciliations.
• Responsible for maintaining and developing strong accounting process and control to ensure key accounts are reconciled in accordance with GAAP and transactions are processed and recorded timely.
• Manage all aspects of Accounts Payable, including vouchering, vendor setup, and payment processing. Work closely with budget owners to ensure invoices are recorded accurately to facilitate meaningful budget to actual financial reporting.
• Timely processing of bi-monthly payroll and benefit management, work closely with the Human Resource department.
• Responsible aspects of the month end close process include timely completion of all balance sheet reconciliations. (cash, prepaids, fixed assets, accruals, etc.)
• Act as liaison between Accounting and other departments as required.
• Support and adhere to strong internal control policies and procedures and identify areas where improvements can be made.
• Drive internal process improvements and continually identify opportunities for automation.
• Provide accounting support for special projects and ad-hoc reporting and analysis as necessary.
• Other duties as assigned.
• 2-4 years in Finance/Accounting.
• Able to handle multiple projects in a fast paced, deadline driven work environment.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Proficient in Excel.
• Bachelor's degree Accounting
• Proven analytical and organizational skill.
• Self-motivated problem solver
• Able to work well independently
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers