Established in 1981, Maloney Properties, Inc. (MPI) is a successful women-owned business. Our services include property management, real estate development, hospitality management, sales/marketing, and construction management services. We manage more than 90 housing communities with more than 9,000 units throughout the New England area.
We attribute our success to the effective working partnerships we have created with both clients and staff. MPI has developed a unique culture and work environment that is a significant factor in our success and enables us to attract and retain the best talent and finest professionals in the industry. As a result, MPI has a high employee retention rate with an average employee tenure of more than 10 years.
We are a company with a human focus and feel passionately and genuinely that our employees are our greatest asset. We are dedicated to teamwork, staff development and training. We have created a community within our company; we set clear goals and work together to achieve them. Maloney Properties is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
As a result of company growth, the Development Accountant is a newly created position. You will join a department which consists of 17 talented and skilled accounting and finance professionals. This role will collaborate with the Vice President of Development on a number of redevelopment projects. Key responsibilities include:
• Tracking predevelopment cost and recovery.
• Assemble and submit construction draws.
• Prepare development entity monthly financial reporting
At least 3 years of development accounting or construction accounting experience is preferred. Experience with development accounting in subsidized housing is highly valued. Knowledge of Yardi is preferred, but we will also offer training.
Compensation & Benefits:
MPI offers a family friendly workplace and healthy work-life balance. In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package we also offer the following:
• Training programs and opportunities that lead to employee advancement and promotions.
• A flexible work schedule and the ability in many cases to work remotely.
• A generous Employee Referral Program with a bonus of up to $1,000 per hire.
• Volunteer and fundraising opportunities for annual causes such as the AIDS Walk and Stand Against Racism, just to name a few.