POSITION OVERVIEW STATEMENT:
QR Code Link to This Post
Provide a wide variety of financial support to the MIT Media Lab finance team. The position is also responsible for a small portfolio of principal investigators (PIs) and research groups within the Lab.
SPECIFIC DUTIES INCLUDE (but are not RESTRICTED TO):
• Assist PIs in managing their funding by providing reporting and forecasting information and analysis.
• Approve all travel expense reports for the Lab.
• Manage aged procurement invoices for Media Lab.
• Primary verifier of Procard charges for roughly 30 research groups.
• Assist with financial review and control process, including certification of eDACCAS for the Lab.
• Train staff on Concur and work to maintain travel compliance across Lab.
• Process financial transactions including journal vouchers, RFPs, travel vouchers, and requisitions.
• Answer admin and staff finance questions and give in-house training, as necessary.
• Develop written documentation for job processes and develop educational handouts for staff on finance tools.
• Update consortia budgets 12x/year based on special allowances.
• Update and manage the RA Special Allowance process and Research Affiliate distributions.
• Create and maintain finance forms such as the ML cell phone subsidy sheets.
• Update and maintain personnel information feeding to the admin metrics report.
• Take on ad hoc projects such as correcting grants where NecSys salaries were allocated, but not charged.
Reports to Fiscal Officer
• High School Diploma plus three years of experience or Bachelor’s degree plus one year of experience;
• Strong analytical, organizational, and communication skills;
• Strong computer skills (e.g. Excel and Word);
• Ability to create and manipulate spreadsheets in Excel, attention to detail, ability to work independently and within a team;
• Ability to prioritize and work well under the pressure of deadlines; good judgment and the ability to use discretion and maintain confidentiality.
• MIT Experience
• Familiarity with SAP
To apply, go to hr.mit.edu/careers and search for job ID #17478.