compensation: Salaried plus benefits. employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
The Grommet is seeking an Accounts Receivable Associate to focus on day-to-day Accounts Receivable responsibilities and play a vital role in the company's growth by controlling our outstanding debt and proactively resolving payment issues. The position requires exceptional customer service and problem-solving skills and will report to the Director of Accounting. This position also has the ability to grow into a generalized staff accountant role for the right person.
- Invoice entering into QuickBooks and sending invoices via email
- Reconciliation of invoices between QuickBooks and various external reporting systems
- Recording cash receipts and reconciliation of differences
- Work with customers to resolve past due accounts and timely answer billing inquiries
- Coordinate with staff accountant to hold payments on vendors with late accounts receivable balances
- Work with our Wholesale team to grant credit terms to new customers, maintain contracts
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 1+ year(s) of bookkeeping preferred; entry level welcome
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel, and Google applications
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks is a plus
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Comfortable corresponding with customers via email and telephone
- Ability to work well independently, as well as in teams
- Experience with Magento or other e-commerce platform is a plus
- Education: BA/BS Degree in Accounting (preferred) or equivalent work experience
SOME OF THE GOOD STUFF
- Work Environment: We're a fun, growing e-commerce company. Our office is a beautifully crafted modern-rustic oasis and you dress the way you feel comfortable. Located a five-minute walk from Davis Square. Free coffee and snacks!
- Fun and Fast-Paced: You must be comfortable with an energetic, fast-paced environment. (We're a growing startup.) Our team is full of creative, driven people with unique vision and we like working here. We're building a disruptive product launch platform and we're dedicated to making The Grommet a success.
- Discounts: We offer discounts on hundreds of the products on our site. Sometimes, we even have free giveaways! It's perfect for gift giving.
- Competitive salary, great benefits, and yearly bonus incentive plan based on performance
- Culture of Mentorship and Learning: You'll get exposure to Boston's startup industry and the chance to learn from people on our team and from the industry. We host frequent information and expertise sharing events (formal and informal) at work and give team members the chance to go to out-of-office events, too.
Your cover letter is your chance to stand out and help us get to know you! Please note that resumes submitted without cover letters will not be reviewed. In your cover letter, please tell us about yourself by answering these questions:
- How did you hear about us?
- Why you are good fit for this position?
- What is your ideal career path over the next few years?
- Why you are suited to work in a start up?
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities