compensation: $19-22/hour depending on experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
P.A. Landers, Inc. is a 40-year-old successful construction company on the South Shore. We are a general highway and site contractor as well as a supplier or redi-mix concrete and aggregates. We are hiring an accounts payable clerk, reporting directly to the Chief Financial Officer.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Receive invoices from vendors, match with receivers and/or obtain approvals as applicable and enter into accounting system
• Maintain entered but not paid invoice files
• Process checks, generally on a weekly basis
• Match check stubs with paid invoices and maintain paid invoice files
• Reconcile vendor statements for discrepancies
• Maintain positive relationships with vendors
• Handle check requests
• Set up new vendors as applicable, obtain information for 1099 filings
• Specific responsibility for processing and payment of utilities, construction project field offices and police billings, excise and real estate taxes, as well as other general vendors
• Act as backup to receptionist - answer phones & cover front desk in receptionist's absence.
• Previous experience in a similar position preferred
• Proficiency in accounting software applications. Experience with Sage Timberline is preferred
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
• Exceptional customer service skills as the position will require communicating with other employees at all organizational levels as well as vendors and other outside parties
Hours: We are flexible, offering this position at either PT hours or FT hours, 32-40 hrs/week
Our regular business hours are Monday-Friday 8AM-5PM
Benefits will vary depending upon full or part time.
To be considered for this position, please submit your resume or complete an application in person at our corporate office located at 351 Winter Street, Hanover, MA 02339. P.A. Landers, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NO RECRUITERS OR STAFFING SERVICES, PLEASE
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers