favorite this postAccounting Specialist - Victim Rights Law Center (Boston, MA)hide this posting
compensation: Commensurate with experience employment type: employee's choice non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Title: Accounting Specialist
Status: Exempt, FTE Flexible
Location: Boston, MA
Reports to: Finance Manager
The VRLC is a nonprofit law firm that provides free legal representation to victims of rape and sexual assault in Oregon and throughout Massachusetts. (We also provide national training, support, and resources for lawyers, advocates, campus personnel, medical professionals, and other first responders on the civil legal needs of rape and sexual assault survivors.) The VRLC's mission is to provide legal representation to victims of rape and sexual assault to help rebuild their lives, and to promote a national movement committed to seeking justice for every rape and sexual assault victim. To be considered, applicants must support the VRLC's mission statement, philosophy, and our commitment to improving the legal response to sexual violence, to providing trauma-informed, survivor-centered services, and to pursuing justice through an anti-oppression lens.
The Victim Rights Law Center (VRLC) Boston, MA office seeks a high-energy, detail-oriented individual to manage our full accounts payable cycle, cash receipts entry and payroll for nationwide employees. The ideal candidate will have strong accounting experience, work ethic, and interpersonal communication skills; passion and compassion; a good sense of humor; flexibility; and a demonstrated commitment to support VRLC's staff.
- Working closely with the Finance Manager, process timely and accurate accounts payable, credit card reconciliation and cash receipts, including all accounts receivable/earned income billing using QuickBooks Pro
- Oversee accurate and timely payroll processing, updates and human resources management including benefits enrollment/updates, PTO tracking, and related vendor management
- Assist Finance Manager and CFO with all state and federal grant billings including billing backup, reporting, and compliance
- Maintain all finance, accounting, and human resources files
- Assist CFO with budget preparation and modifications as needed
- Provide audit preparation support as requested
- Other duties as assigned
- 4 years hands-on accounting experience in a non-profit setting
- High skill level with Quickbooks and Excel
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience with state or federal grants
E-mail us your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements (if any) with both your last name and "MA Accounting" as the subject of your e-mail. Please note that all applications missing a cover letter or resume will be considered incomplete and will not be reviewed. No phone calls please.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities