compensation: Comp plan includes salary, incentive plan & company profit share employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Cambridge Innovation Institute (CII) is seeking an ASSOCIATE PRODUCER (Project Manager, Administrative Assistant) to support one of our conference directors. If you enjoy learning about new technologies and emerging science, and seek to leverage your scientific background in innovative ways, CII and the Associate Producer position may be an excellent fit for you!
This is a mid-level project management position for a detail-oriented team player with superior technical writing and communication skills and a background in life sciences. We're looking specifically for candidates who possess the drive to grow into full conference producers. We have a comprehensive training program for Associate Producers who demonstrate the aptitude and motivation to move up the conference production career ladder!
Each Associate Producer and Conference Director team creates a dynamic set of conferences focused on R&D in the biotech and pharmaceutical sectors. Initial duties include:
- Provide administrative assistance and project management support to the Conference Director
- Research scientific conference topics
- Build & maintain relationships with leading researchers in the biotech & pharmaceutical fields
- Manage speaker invitations and obtain speaker materials
- Compile, organize and proofread conference content, correspondence and related documentation
- Manage overlapping projects with meticulous attention to budget and competing deadlines
- Travel to and run conferences on-site
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in life sciences (biology or biotechnology)
- 3-5 years of experience as a project manager or administrative assistant, preferably in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry
- Prior work with high-level scientists and/or executives
- Proficiency with Internet research, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe
- Outstanding organizational and time-management skills
- Background in writing technical documents
- Ability and willingness to travel (5-6 trips annually)
- Strengths in scientific research and development, product and market analysis, and building client relationships
- Conference production experience is desirable but not required
Why work for Cambridge Innovation Institute?
Our environment is friendly, inclusive, and very fast-paced, where people work hard and are rewarded and recognized for their efforts. Other pluses:
• Competitive compensation
• Flexible work schedules
• No formal dress code in the office
• Company-wide social events
• Workout room, subsidized healthy snacks, and free soda & juice (MA headquarters office)
CII is proud to offer its full-time employees these benefits:
• Health insurance and dental insurance
• Generous paid leave
• Company profit share
• 401(k) with matching 401(k) contributions
• Tuition & training reimbursement
• Company-paid life insurance and disability insurance
• Flexible Spending Account
About Cambridge Innovation Institute (http://www.CambridgeInnovationInstitute.com)
Our Vision since 1992: Cambridge Innovation Institute (CII) delivers cutting-edge information through events, publications and training to leading commercial, academic, government and research institutions across the life science and energy industries. We focus on high technology fields where research and development are essential for the advancement of innovation. Divisions consist of Cambridge Healthtech Institute (CHI), Barnett International, Cambridge EnerTech (CET), Bio-IT Training, and Insight Pharma Reports. Please visit our website for more detail.
CII Celebrates Diversity! We welcome all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers