compensation: Commensurate with Experience employment type: contract internship non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
The Nature Connection is seeking an experienced and organized communications freelancer/intern with excellent communication skills, positive attitude, ability to multi-task and work independently. We are a small, all hands on deck office. Occasional visits from our hedgehog, therapy rabbit, etc. included. This is a fast-paced opportunity for a young professional or seasoned freelancer to contribute to the growth of a dynamic social service organization, with a hands on role in nonprofit communications.
The Nature Connection is a non-profit that brings live animal and nature programs indoors to youth, people with disabilities, and elders including those with Alzheimer's. We are celebrating 35 years of transforming lives in Greater Boston --and we're growing rapidly!
10-12 hours per week. Flexible schedule.
Location: Concord, MA. Opportunity to work remotely part of the time as needed.
• Write articles and design/coordinate design for newsletters. https://www.nature-connection.org/press-room/newsletter/
• Write public relations materials including social media posts and news releases.
• Design and write benefit event materials, including sponsor advertisement booklet.
• Coordinate and complete other communications projects as assigned.
• Strong, concise, and creative writing skills, with strong attention to detail.
• Design skills and demonstrated experience, with knowledge of Adobe In Design, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
• Experience with Constant Contact and WordPress helpful.
• An outgoing personality with the ability to engage and build positive rapport with volunteers, sponsors, and other affiliates: online, over the phone, and in person.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers