Neighbor Brigade is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization whose mission is to transform local communities into caring centers by mobilizing residents to provide free, temporary, non-medical support to those who are experiencing an unexpected emergency such as a critical illness, accident or family tragedy. Neighbor Brigade currently has 3,500+ volunteers and 33 Chapters including 27 in MA, 1 in CT, 1 in RI, 1 in ME, 1 in NJ and 2 in WA. The Program Director will work closely with our 55 Chapter Leaders that are the lead volunteers for each Chapter and will also have some interactions and communication with our 3,500+ volunteers. The program director must be someone who has direct experience working with diverse populations and doing client intakes, has extensive experience managing, tracking and retaining volunteers and preferably has a social services background and speaks two or more languages.
Responsibilities of the Program Director
• Learn and stay up-to-date with the volunteer management software run by Better Impact.
• Answer our toll-free number, assess client needs and conduct client intake. The toll-free number will come through to your cell phone and you must be able to return calls within 24 hours Monday-Friday.
• Participate in virtual staff meetings for approximately 1 hour weekly. Meetings are currently held on weekdays at a designated day between 1pm-2pm.
• Continue our goals as an organization to conduct outreach to diverse groups in the communities we serve. This involves helping to identify community connectors for diverse populations in the towns where we have chapters and communicating with them in person or on the phone.
• Distribute brochures and make presentations to groups in our chapter communities to make sure they are aware of Neighbor Brigade as a resource if they are in a temporary crisis but also as a source of acquiring volunteers.
• Track supplies needed by the Chapter Leaders and mail them necessary supplies requested.
• Assist new chapter leaders that are transitioning into their new role and providing them with the necessary tools and resources to be successful.
• Conduct outreach efforts to acquire new volunteers and clients such as representing Neighbor Brigade at conferences and community events.
• Help Chapter Leader's to manage and communicate with their clients as needed.
• Help Chapter Leaders look for replacements when they are ready to retire from their positions.
• Together with the Executive Director update the Volunteer Handbook at a minimum on an annual basis.
• Troubleshooting with clients or volunteers (ie. help CL's decide if a client qualifies for services, what qualifications are needed for certain tasks, volunteers that have complaints).
• Create an annual community drive that all Chapters can choose to participate in if they would like to do so.
• Assist in the organization and execution of our annual Chapter Leader Meeting.
• Assist in the organization and execution of our annual Chapter Leader appreciation event.
• Publish the monthly Chapter Leader newsletter which requires gathering information, stories and pictures from chapter leaders each month.
• Support Pam's Run with Chapter Leader and Volunteer participation.
• Assist Pam's Run as the head of the registration committee. This involves monthly Wednesday night meetings from May-October and attending the event on the second Sunday in October.
• Regularly update our internal resource list for Chapter referrals.
• Support the Director of Development in Chapter Sponsorship initiatives.
• Support the Executive Director and Director of Development in the creation of the Annual Report and Highlight Sheets for Chapters.
• Support the organization's spring fundraiser event by attending and additional support as needed.
• Support local chapters with events such as meetings with partnering agencies, volunteer information sessions, farmer's markets and other similar events as needed.
We will be accepting applications now through the end of August with an estimated start date in mid September. Please send cover letter and resume to Executive Director Polly Mendoza: firstname.lastname@example.org
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities