Come join our team if you have a passion to enrich students' lives!
The Guild's Mission is to provide high quality services, support and care for students with complex special needs through education, caring and respect. The Guild School provides its students and residents with the opportunities to grow and develop to their fullest potential
The employment training specialist provides direct services to students with disabilities to help find and keep competitive employment that is consistent with their vocational goals.
This position coordinates and implements job development and placement programs; assists special education certified staff in the development of job plans related to assessment and training opportunities for individual special education students; consults area businesses for placement possibilities; provides extended assessments, job evaluations, training and placement for special education students in preparation for post-graduate employment.
Job responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
• Coordinate and implement job development and placement programs; assist individual special education students in developing job-related skills through assessment and training opportunities; consult area businesses for placement possibilities
• Responsible for development and implementation of Individual Education Plans (IEP) and Transition Planning Forms (TPF) relating to employment
• Collect data from the implementation of the IEP and TPF and write progress notes that are then presented to the team
• Assist with ongoing job development for caseload including but not limited to: resume and cover letter development, interview preparation, individual job search, job coaching, preference assessments
• Provide job coaching to students in community as appropriate
• Able to perform CPI during crisis intervention procedures.
Compensation:Will Discuss upon Interview
Salary/Benefits:The Guild for Human Services offers a highly competitive salary commensurate with experience, and an excellent benefit package including medical and dental insurance, and a 403B plan in addition to tuition assistance.
Qualifications:Qualified candidates will possess a Bachelor's degree in psychology, rehabilitation counseling or special education, have 2-3 years' experience working with individuals with moderate to severe disabilities in a vocational setting and hold a valid Massachusetts driver license