Founded in 1977, for 40 years Vinfen has been a leading nonprofit human services organization that "transforms lives" by building the capacity of individuals, families, organizations and communities to learn, thrive and achieve their goals.
We are seeking compassionate, caring, dynamic Certified Nursing Assistant staff to provide services to individuals living with developmental disabilities and medical conditions at medically intensive residential programs located in Waltham and Holliston, MA. We currently have 2 full-time positions and 3 part-time positions, one of which is an Awake Overnight positions.
Under the direction of the nurse leader, CNA's work with clients to help them evaluate their current life circumstances compared to their hopes, dreams and plans for the future. Residential program staff provide direct support around medication administration and management as well as meal preparation and activities of daily living such as bathing, showering, feeding, toileting and grooming for the residents of a group home. Assess individual's medical condition and take vital signs. Report any changes to the nurse leader. Must have good verbal and written skills.The goal for many clients living in group home settings is to be able to live as independently as possible and CNA's assist clients in building the skills needed to do so. Additional responsibilities include writing progress notes, periodic reviews on treatment plans for persons served, assist and accompany individuals to medical appointments and implementing interventions outlined in treatment plans.
You must have a current license as a Certified Nursing Assistant. To succeed in this role you will have good time management skills, good writing skills and prior Human Services experience. A High School diploma/GED required but a bachelor's degree in a Human Services related field preferred.
All applicants must be at least 21 years of age and have a current, valid, US driver's license for at least one year. You also must be able to successfully pass a CORI check and a driving record check. All applicants must be able to become CPR, First Aid certified within two weeks of hire, Safety Care certified within 90 days of employment, and MAP certified within 150 days of employment.
How to Apply:
To apply, click on a link below, create a username and password, and follow the instructions to complete your application and upload your resume.
Vinfen serves a diverse population in its residential and day programs. Applicants who have lived experience and/or a multicultural background and/or are bilingual are encouraged to apply.
Why Vinfen? We are committed to you! We offer paid training, great benefits, career growth and job security!
We offer a generous benefits package including:
• A fully funded, employer-sponsored retirement plan that requires no employee contribution as well as an employee-funded 403(b) plan
• First-rate Medical, Dental and Vision plans that are open to all employees scheduled to work 30 hours per week or more. Plus, we offer a generous employer contribution toward the cost of medical insurance!
• Employer-paid Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment and Long-Term Disability Insurance
• Employer-paid Short-Term Disability Insurance along with the option to purchase additional, voluntary, Short-Term disability insurance
• Flexible Spending Accounts (Health and Dependent care)
• Voluntary Term, Whole Life, Accident and Critical Care Insurance
• Generous paid time off (Employees scheduled to work 20 hours or more per week):
- 15 days of Vacation per year
- 11 Paid Holidays
- 10 Sick Days per year
- 3 Personal days per year
• Educational Assistance and Tuition Remission Programs
• $500 Employee Referral Bonus with no annual cap!
• Other generous benefits including discounted YMCA memberships, access to discounted movie tickets and more
Keep In Touch!
My Job. My Community. My Vinfen.
Like us on Facebook and follow us on LinkedIn to keep up to date with our open positions and current events!
Vinfen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
To see more openings in your area, check out our Careers Page for info on current job opportunities, upcoming job fairs, and even apply for a position at our company by following the instructions to submit an application and resume! Vinfen's Careers page Recruiters, please no calls.
Keywords: CNA, C.N.A., Certified Nurse Assistant, Medical, nursing, community based, home care, healthcare; ABI, Brain injuries, ABI, Developmental Disabilities, Disability, Residential
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers