favorite this postInterior Designer - Higher Education & Commercial Projects (Acton)hide this posting
compensation: Based on Experience employment type: employee's choice
QR Code Link to This Post
Interior Designer - Intermediate to Senior Level
3 to 4 to 5 days per week (could start part time & grow to full time)
Location: Acton, MA off Great Road (2A & 119) near Route 2 and I495. Ample parking at office.
Interior designer w/4 or more years of experience with a professional design firm (working as an independent designer or in FFE dealership does not count).
We are a small, highly professional interior design firm. Our focus is universities and colleges, science buildings and some K-12, plus corporate. We work collaboratively with architects, institutions and corporations. Current projects & clients include MIT, Vanderbilt University, UMass Boston, UMass Amherst, UMass Dartmouth, Ole Miss, Florida State University.
Act as Project Deputy with a fair amount of independence and self-initiation manage the daily tasks of projects. Manage other staff. Report to principal.
• Advanced Autocad skills & knowledge
o Basic drawing and abilities with Xreferences, Layers, Blocks, Layouts, Formatting sheets, Plot Styles
o Advanced skills with Annotation, Fonts, Dimensions,
o Advanced knowledge of CD drawing sets; able to draw elevations, furniture & millwork details RCPs.
o Able to manage entire execution of CD sets from planning, managing staff through completion.
• Advanced knowledge of FF&E manufacturers, lines & the industry & ability to research. Advanced knowledge of furniture
dealers, bid & negotiation and procurement process. Able to manage entire procurement process.
• Able to assemble complete FF&E specifications package including specifications & drawings. Able to conduct furniture
sample testing. Able to research furniture & find appropriate options.
• Knowledge of Finishes manufacturers, lines & the industry & ability to research.
• Able to research & select appropriate finishes relative to budget, quality, maintainability, aesthetic and LEED considerations.
Able to collaborate with specifications writers to coordinate interior finishes information with architectural package.
• Able to independently prepare for and make presentations to clients. Able to take solid meeting minutes and write them for
• Able to assemble presentation boards
• Sketchup - If no Sketchup skills upon hiring, must agree to learn useable Sketchup within first 6 months of employment.
• Advanced Excel Formatting & Formula Skills
• Photoshop - desirable
• Revit skills - desirable
• Education: Candidate should have minimum of bachelor's degree in the design field.
Qualities of Candidate:
• Derives personal satisfaction in the pursuit of achieving excellence.
• Thorough. Willing and able to get the details right.
• Excellent communication skills a must - can write well structured & appropriate emails and documents.
• Able to juggle many projects & tasks, oftentimes concurrently.
• Will commit to our office systems and conventions to uphold our company's commitment to consistency and high standards. All
work that leaves the office is accurate and graphically excellent.
• Very neat and committed to keeping the environment orderly and organized.
• Respects deadlines with commitment and ability to pace efforts appropriately.
• Able to handle construction design criticism.
• Fun to work with; loves design & architecture, colors & materials, and furniture. Enjoys working as part of a team with other
designers, clients and manufacturer representatives.
• Our office is small, but extremely professional with very high design & presentation standards. We're located in a lovely area in
the suburbs of Acton. Parking is never a problem (close to I495 and Route 2)
• We have an extensive product library - well stocked with interior finishes, FF&E and fabrics.
• We have a flexible approach to schedules. Schedule can be set to accommodate commuters, working moms, students, etc.
• We pay on an hourly basis which supports flexibility and surges in hours when there are deadlines.
• We sponsor the taking of NCIDQ and LEED exams with certain conditions.
• Hourly rate is commensurate with experience. Relative to 4 or more years of experience, range is approximately $18 - $24/hr.
*Note, as a small office, we regret that we are currently unable to offer healthcare benefits. We do offer some paid holidays & vacation time, as well as performance based bonuses contingent upon company finances.
How to Apply for this position:
Please send an email with the attachments noted below. In the subject line include: INTERIOR DESIGN INTERMEDIATE TO SENIOR.
1) Cover letter explaining your interest in this position with specific details about your skills, experience and qualifications that relate to the job description.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers