Ruth, B.A., M.L.S.
QR Code Link to This Post
• I have extensive experience in classroom teaching of Hebrew, at Univ. of Wisconsin and at Bryn Mawr College, plus extensive tutoring experience at all levels of Hebrew, with people of all ages.
• Originally from Israel, raised and educated bilingually; I have native fluency in Hebrew and English, with no foreign accent in either.
• Teaching Hebrew has always been a labor of love for me! My students have seen their college test scores improve dramatically and their ability to converse grow after just a few lessons.
• Search Alef Bet Hebrew Translation And Tutoring, and see especially "Testimonials" for excellent references
• Related experience: Translating bi-directionally. Am a listed translator at the Israel Consulates in Boston, New York, and Toronto.
* Rich career as Hebraica Librarian at University of Pennsylvania.
• Flexible tutoring hours - I am glad to accommodate your requested time-frame, weekdays, evenings, and weekends.
• Combining rigor with fun, lessons emphasize conversation, grammar, or reading, depending on your goals, per Testimonials, referenced above .
• Lessons are a full hour, in addition to time spent at no additional charge to you, correcting your homework between lessons.
• I teach via teleconferencing, using Skype, Google Hangouts, or others. This eliminates geography as a barrier and saves you commuting. We see each other, you see my Desktop notes as I type, and then you receive them at the end of each lesson. I will also forward to you any other documents we look at during the lesson.
• Introductory lesson at one-hour fee before making further commitment.
• In replying, please include your phone number and good times to call you . I will call you back the same day.