The Mason-Rice Afterschool Program (MRASP) is seeking a creative, energetic, and experienced afterschool professional. MRASP provides a high quality afterschool program for K - 5th graders - offering fun, creativity, and the opportunity to develop and grow.
The Director is responsible for the planning, implementation, and overall operation of the Mason-Rice Afterschool Program, establishing and maintaining a high quality Out-of-School Time Program. This includes, but is not limited to, the care and well-being of the children, program development, staff recruitment and management, parent relations, financial management, and the development of effective working relationships with the Mason-Rice School and other City Departments.
- Minimum 5 years' teaching experience with K-5th in a structured, recreational program (afterschool and/or camp) and educational setting. Minimum 2 years' administrative and managerial experience. Experience working with children with special needs.
- Bachelor's degree in child development, early childhood education, elementary education, or related field.
- Comprehensive experience in program development including the planning & implementation of activities such as arts and crafts, gym/outdoor games, science, drama, etc.
- Strong leadership skills, enthusiasm, strong work ethic, initiative, teamwork, flexibility, and excellent organizational & time management skills.
- Commitment to quality and the desire to make a difference for children and families.
- Proficient with relevant technology including MS Office, QuickBooks, and Constant Contact. Experience with web development is a plus.
- Knowledge of Department of Early Education and Care (EEC) licensing regulations and policies and Quality Rating and Improvement System (QRIS) standards.
- Patience and a sense of humor!
- A great community of children, staff, and parents
- A team approach and a supportive work environment
- Competitive salary and benefits package including health insurance, paid time off, etc.
- Easy access to public transportation
- The position is full time and full year; the program runs during the school year.
MRASP is a private, non-profit parent cooperative. We provide a nurturing and fun after school environment with a neighborhood-like atmosphere. Our daily schedule includes both structured programming such as arts and crafts, sports, science, drama, special events, and field trips, as well as unstructured "hang-out time".
We strive to promote the social and emotional development of the children by helping them gain self-confidence, positive relationships, decision-making, conflict resolution skills, and independence. We promote an environment that celebrates diversity and respects individual differences.
MRASP is an equal opportunity employer. Employees will be recruited, employed, and promoted based on their qualifications and capabilities without regard to race, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, gender, sexual orientation or gender identity/expression.
Interested and qualified candidates should send a cover letter and resume to MRASP@mrasp.org
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers