compensation: Compensation is commensurate with experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Do you have a passion for delivering events and conferences that attendees rave over? Do you love building a team that sets and beats ambitious goals? Do you thrive on being a part of a high-energy and fast-moving team?
If you answered 'yes' to these questions, we need to talk. PSMJ Resources is the worldwide leader in business information, executive education, and management consulting for the architecture and engineering space. We're looking for a motivated and driven Director of Events to join the successful and growing team at our Newton, Massachusetts headquarters.
As the Director of Events at PSMJ, you are responsible for initiating superior educational events for the owners, principals, project managers and others in leadership positions in architecture, engineering, interiors, environmental and other professional design organizations throughout North America. Your success in this role is driven by your ability to:
• Work with PSMJ leadership and knowledge experts to develop new content for programs, keeping up with the latest industry trends and demands.
• Consistently deliver a best-in-class attendee and speaker experience.
• Develop and implement a vision and plan for continued revenue growth.
• Manage and scale up the events team to support continued growth.
Because of the entrepreneurial nature of PSMJ and the executive level of this position, the Director of Events has significant freedom to think and act like a business unit "owner" at PSMJ, to initiate action without waiting for specific direction, and to lead by example by possessing great vision in the education of the leadership of design firms and by exhibiting creative planning, budgeting, and scheduling skills.
The ideal candidate brings:
• A demonstrated passion for and 5+ years of proven experience in creating and delivering best-in-class live events (including program development, marketing, and sales copy writing).
• Impeccable time management, negotiation, and project management skills (including event budgeting and scheduling).
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills that inspire success from everyone around you.
• An ability to understand, interpret, and act on quantitative financial data and other performance indicators in the events business.
• Experience with owners and principals in the architecture and engineering industry.
PSMJ Resources is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Learn more about us a www.psmj.com.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers