compensation: Very Competitive employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Mabbett & Associates, Inc. (Mabbett®), an award-winning and industry leading environmental, health and safety, and facilities consulting and engineering firm, is seeking a self-motivated and detail-oriented Accountant to join our team. This is a full-time, salaried position which will require involvement in many aspects of the financial and accounting needs of a professional services firm. This will be a growth opportunity with the potential for career advancement within the organization.
• A bachelor's degree in accounting and related continuing education.
• 4+ years of progressive and responsible experience pertaining to the finance and accounting needs and activities of a professional services company. This includes: general ledger; accounts receivable and payable; payroll; data analysis; project management reporting, etc. Direct experience within the architect/engineer/contractor (A/E/C) industry is preferred.
• Deltek Vision® project management and finance and accounting software is a plus.
• Experience with U.S. Federal government contracting and Federal Acquisition Regulations and invoicing practices is a plus.
• Must have strong attention to detail, as well as excellent writing, grammar and record keeping skills.
• Strong organizational and personal communication skills, both verbal and written. The candidate selected for this position must be approachable and able to interact in a positive and constructive manner with employees at all levels of the firm.
• Strong computer/IT systems knowledge and proficiency in all Microsoft Office® Programs, including, but not limited to: Word®, Outlook®, PowerPoint® and Excel®. Experience posting to FTP sites is a plus.
• Must be a strong team player and able to work as a member of group, as well as independently. This position will require the ability to multitask, work well under pressure and adapt to changing deadlines and schedules sometimes on short-notice.
• Qualified applicants must be U.S. citizen and able to successfully pass a Federal background check.
• Assist with the close process (month-end and year-end), including balance sheet reconciliations, such as fixed assets, prepaids and accruals.
• Process vendor invoices and expense reports for payment, initially.
• Process payroll on a bi-weekly basis and manage the sick and vacation benefit accruals.
• Facilitate cash management activities, apply customer payments and perform bank reconciliations.
• Set up new projects, budgets and billing terms in our Accounting system.
• Prepare monthly client invoices.
• Maintain and verify all project-related documents, including contracts and other internal requirements.
• Assist Project Managers with monthly project review reports and other project-related requests.
• Respond to internal and external financial inquiries via telephone and email; answer and re-direct as appropriate.
• Assist with the development and updating of the firm's financial management policies and standard operating procedures (SOPs).
• Other miscellaneous financial-related projects and duties, as required.
This position is based in Bedford, Massachusetts.
About the Firm
Mabbett, established in 1980, provides integrated multi-disciplinary EH&S, and architectural-engineering design services. For 38 years, Mabbett has delivered value-added professional services to Federal, state and local agencies and industry, and commercial enterprise. Mabbett is a US Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Center for Verification and Evaluation (CVE), verified Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) headquartered in Bedford, Massachusetts with regional offices in New Jersey, Rhode Island, and Virginia. The firm is an Equal Opportunity and Veteran Friendly Employer.
The firm has been experiencing significant growth in the Federal and private sectors, including biotechnology, healthcare, and academia. In 2018, Mabbett was named the 42nd fastest growing company in Massachusetts; the 32nd fastest growing company in the architectural, engineering and environmental sector in the USA; and was named to Inc. magazine's list of the fastest growing companies in America for the 4th time.
Mabbett offers a comprehensive benefits package to eligible employees, including: Blue Cross/Blue Shield medical insurance; Delta Dental insurance; 401(k) plan with a company match; profit sharing retirement plan; performance and year-end bonus programs; group life, short and long-term disability, and travel-accident insurance, professional development programs and much more.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers