compensation: BOE, $18/hour MINIMUN starting point employment type: part-time
QR Code Link to This Post
PT Jack of All trades (tax preparer/Bookkeeper/admin)
A small tax/accounting office in Hudson area that is looking to explode in growth is looking for PT Jack of All Trades. We do all types of returns and deal with the IRS as well. Prefer a candidate that can work with multiple clients, maintaining individual client needs (hand holding) and is a good multi-tasker. We tend to attract people with issues, so cleaning up messes and saving clients from themselves is not uncommon. 10-12 hours (off season)/20+ hours (Feb-April) a week is needed with definite possibility for more in the future and flexible hours are available. We are a scanning office that uses a client portal and Document Management system.
Some of the duties are:
• Tax preparation - basic tax knowledge is needed (1040 series, schedule A, D, E, C)
• Bookkeeping of several clients, including GL, payroll, financials, & reconciliations.
• Helping with train wrecks and shoe boxes - tearing clients books apart or building them and finding out what they did wrong or didn't do and then correct.
• Maintain client contact info
• Help organize office and provide new ways to make it run better, including updating the procedure manual.
• Help maintain website (you have ideas and the outside company does the legwork)
• Hand holding clients but also being stern with them.
• If I say I will do something, but you know you can do it better or I shouldn't do it, you need to tell me you will do it and get it done.
• Strong proficiency w/ Quick Books (desktop & online versions), Excel, Word, Outlook, Drake Tax
• Three years of bookkeeping/accounting/tax experience. Public accounting/tax firm experience helpful
• Self-starter, strong work ethic, ability to meet deadlines (take charge and dig in)
• Attention to detail needed with good communication and organizational skills
• Accounting degree preferred but not necessary
• Able to handle a schedule,
• Good sense of humor, especially when cleaning up the client's mess and the owner is sarcastic
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers