MicroMedicine is seeking an Accounts Payable Specialist to Process incoming vendor invoices. On an expected schedule of 20 hours a week, will report to the Controller, The Accounts Payable specialist will provide hands-on processing of invoices via coordination of a process that will include receiving vendor invoices, verifying material receipts, obtaining approval sign-offs, inputting into the Accounts Payable system, scheduling payment, generating checks/payments and distributing those payments to vendors.
This position is part-time - expected to be 20 hours per week, with flexible hours.
Position will include other accounting duties as assigned,
• Vendor Invoice processing
• Maintains Accounts Payable record files
• Process Employee expense reports
• Receives, researches and resolves a variety of routine internal and external inquiries concerning account status, including communicating the resolution of discrepancies to appropriate persons.
• Records electronic payments made into the Account Payable system
• Reconciles Corporate Credit Card activity and inputs into General ledger
• Generates Vendor 1099 Forms as needed once a year
• Obtains W-9 support from vendors as needed
• Assists in monthly Bank Account reconciliations
• Support year end audit activity - providing documentation for auditors as request
• Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Qualifications
• Minimum 3 years prior Accounts Payable experience
• Attention to detail
• Ability to understand a Chart of Accounts
• Experience with automated Account Payable systems required, Quickbooks experience preferred
• Prior experience in a Life Sciences company preferred
• Ability to professionally interact with operational personnel to obtain an understanding of vendor invoices and approval for payment
• Accounting Experience beyond Accounts Payable a plus
• Ability to multi-task
MicroMedicine is a life sciences technology start-up recently spun out of Massachusetts General Hospital. MicroMedicine is commercializing a patented microfluidics-enabled cell separation platform with transformational applications in research, diagnostics, and therapeutics. Our team leverages an extensive network of key opinion leaders and scientists as well as a global ecosystem of design and operations partners. We are located near Boston in the heart of America's life sciences and biotech hub - join us in improving cell processing for researchers, scientists, patients, and trial subjects.
MicroMedicine offers a competitive and comprehensive employee benefits package, including Vision, life and disability insurance, a flexible spending plan, paid vacation, and a 401(k)investment plan.
MicroMedicine is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers